Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Got your big bore kit? - check its the right one? (/showthread.php?t=14809)

chicken 03-Mar-2005 19:50

Quote:

Originally posted by CK and AK

otherwise, it looks like we will either:

have to run at a disadvantage to the other bikes:(

or

withdraw from the comp...:(

C

Don't be put off by this Charlotte - with a decent/light rider and good suspension you'll very likely be competitive.

AK 03-Mar-2005 20:05

well - as there are 3 board users so far who havent got the right kits (that cant be adapted in any fashion) - Phoenix & Max (Lin), Domski (via Rich @ Louigi Moto) & AK - without knowing any others who dont use the board, perhaps some way round can be found?:puzzled:

Lin - Al didnt give the frame/engine no - just ordered the later one for his 2001 bike - and now JHP are trying their best to find some, but no luck in the UK & Italy yet.... as you say "tomorrow is another day":)

AK 04-Mar-2005 15:39

update from the nice & very helpful Dave at JHP:

these kits for later bikes were never offered as part of the deal,
had they been, they would not have been at the price quoted
however, there are none available

so - Chris, Michael - any ideas on how the 3 can still remain competitive?:puzzled:

TP 04-Mar-2005 15:43

Oh dear - I feel bad for you guys :(

ali 04-Mar-2005 15:56

That's bleedin awful.... :(

I remember various discussions, before the BB kit price was announced, considering the option of custom pistons, boring the barrels and nicasil plating. Last chat we had with Chris Bushell we worked out a price of about £350 (£100/piston, £60/barrel boring & coating, £30 for gudgeon pins etc)

Don't know if that's realistic as I haven't done it for years, but might be worth a try talking to those that can be more accurate.

Good luck and keep us informed. Use of 900 engines is not an option!! :frog:

Cheers,

Ali

AK 04-Mar-2005 16:01

trouble is, Al feels awful at the moment, cos he did keep mentioning the 2 different kits:(, as soon as he got the bike, & then before & during the AGM:(

Ali, am not sure if we can afford to go this route at the mo, tho it was being discussed by several calls between mech bods last night.

The pot is almost empty at present, as all bits had been collated, and are just awaiting assembly.

Waiting for rabbits out of hats?:)

ChrisBushell 04-Mar-2005 18:32

Folks,

An e-mail is going out to all entrants explaining the way out of this problem, tonight.

There is it would appear a way forward, subject to AK doing some measurements for me.

Chris

phoenix n max 04-Mar-2005 19:19

Its all rather disappointing really :sniff:

domski 04-Mar-2005 19:22

:eureka::eureka::eureka::eureka:

I have just spoken to Rich Lewellin (Louigi Moto) as we have the same problem as a few of you with a 99 engine (I think).

Rich can bore the stock barrels out and get the nicosil plated so you can then use your big bore pistons from your kits, that's one way around the problem.

Price will depend on how many of you go down this route (assuming it's OK in the rules)

Drop Rich a call on 01761 453366 or 07775 557797 he's waiting for your calls :roll:

Hope that helps

rockhopper 05-Mar-2005 10:18

Wouldnt it have been so much easier and cheaper to restrict the 620's so they make the same power as the 583's (at least for the first couple of years)????

[Edited on 5-3-2005 by rockhopper]