Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Ben Bostrom to AMA ! (/showthread.php?t=23588)

Simon Reed 01-Nov-2005 22:12

Ben Bostrom to AMA !

Ben Bostrom will partner Neil Hodgson,next year in AMA,on the 999 !his brother Eric,will ride for Graves yamaha,in superstock,and formula extreme !

Twinfan 01-Nov-2005 23:00

Interesting. Where's Laconi going then???

Mark 02-Nov-2005 11:24

Now, there's a shock! I thought Laconi might have made the move to AMA. Eric seems to have taken a massive step back in his career?

Steve M 02-Nov-2005 11:28

So they've replaced an underperforming Bostrom with err... an underperforming Bostrom :puzzled:

JPM 02-Nov-2005 11:33

Saw this yesterday, good PR move for Ducati in the US I guess, get an ex-WSB champ and a current (albeit making up the numbers) WSB rider, I like Ben I just don't think he got a good crack at it and effectively a road going blade in WSB. Plus I bet BB is getting paid far more for going back to AMA?

Mark 02-Nov-2005 11:40

I think in AMA, they get race money as well as salary from their team. I remember Hodgsons book, there was a big differance in WSBK and AMA money.

I thought E Boss was showing good progress during the season, even compared to Hodgson's season. B Boss is a strange move, a rider I think who has not shown his worth for a number of years now. His first year on the L&M Duke was about it. In 02 Hodgson beat him on an older bike, and on the same Dunlop tyres. Strange move I think from Ducati. Mind you, if we believe what Ducati said wanting Toseland in the US. So B Boss might have been third choice after Laconi? Laconi raced in the last few races of '04 in AMA didn't he?