Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Top boxes? (/showthread.php?t=814)

Aotearoa 12-Jun-2003 16:59

Top boxes?

What are the Ducati topboxes like ? how much are they and are they worth it ?

saj288 12-Jun-2003 20:22

I've seen the one Paul James has just fitted, looks pretty impressive - large enough to fit two helmets and has a back rest.

SA

belthead 13-Jun-2003 15:50

Very naff. Looks like part of a porta-"loo" and should be avoided.....

Aotearoa 13-Jun-2003 16:15

...could catch on..flip up the lid fold down the seat and hey presto....you'd never get caught short again ..AND if you went fast enough there'd be no smell! :lol:

Jools 13-Jun-2003 16:42

Carpy had one for sale...

I was going to buy it, but my money ran out.

I don't like top boxes at all. Don't like panniers much either. But, since nursey Mrs Jools is still not completely recovered from the herniated disc she sustained lifting old ladies into bed, she can't do much more than an hour on the bike at a time. I was going to buy it more as a backrest than anything else for when we want a long weekend somewhere, plus it gives a bit of extra capacity.

For day-to-day use I wouldn't use it. In fact my panniers are only trotted out twice a year or so, and I take the whole kit off (carriers and all) between times. Only takes half an hour to put em back on. I imagine the top box would be the same kind of deal.

adamH 16-Jun-2003 08:49

Ive got top box and panniers, all excellent, wouldnt go without any of them

anthony 16-Jun-2003 13:43

Adam

Got any pics..??

interested to see how big the whole set up is..??

Monty 16-Jun-2003 17:45

Just got back from 16 days away with girlfriend Jo, 2 panniers and a tankbag. I always swore I would never have a topbox on a Ducati since I don't like the look of them but have to admit I am changing my mind and will consider one now. The increased capacity just makes the whole set up so much easier.

John

Aotearoa 17-Jun-2003 08:06

....SURLEY EVERYBODY SHOULD HAVE ONE!:sing:

....found these on the net anthony gives you a rough idea...

anthony 17-Jun-2003 09:48

Thanks

not as offensive as i had feared but i'll still travel light..!!