Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   DSC International Rescue (/showthread.php?t=30327)

blueduke 08-May-2006 07:01

DSC International Rescue

DSC International Rescue!

Many many thanks to the DSC DD race teams for their time and effort in helping me out after a bike breakdown on a motorway in Belgium yesterday while returning from the ASSEN event.
Special Thanks to Antony the rescue co-ordinator, Dr AK and others for the skills in sorting the problem, CK for the Coffee. Ruth for the sympathy, And MUCH thanks to NICK for unloading his DD bike from a packed Renault Espace letting me dismantle it at the roadside to swap tanks, (thought it was a petrol pump failure) and all the others there without whose help I would still be at the roadside in Belgium!.
Needless to say after one phone call to the DSC I soon had 3 Desmo Due race trucks at least 5 DD race bikes to 'rob' spares from, tools, spare parts, diagnostic equipment and a dozen people people to help get me moving again. I owe a huge dept of thanks to all involved and the beers are definately on me.
Many thanks to everyone once again
Cheers all
Hugh
More to follow in Pronto with pics!
:sing::burn::burn::burn:

[Edited on 8-5-2006 by blueduke]

NBs996 08-May-2006 09:03

No probs at all hugh. Sure you'd've done the same for the rest of us.
Got the car re-packed better the second time anyway, and still made it in time for the earlier ferry.
And don't call me phil!

AK 08-May-2006 09:04

Quote:

Originally posted by NBs996
And don't call me phil!

no, cos you like being called GTH:P

antonye 08-May-2006 09:42

Glad you got home ok Hugh, and it shows exactly what this club is all about.

blueduke 08-May-2006 13:54

International rescue

Thanks Nick your a star as was everyone else who helped out, bought coffee, laughed and generally got it sorted.
Sorry got all the names mixed up in the melee of people.
I eventually managed to get on a Sea France ferry leaving at 10.45 from Calais as I missed my previously booked speed ferrie from Bologne by a couple of hours. Got home about 1am, and i was absolutley frozen after the ride through the kent countyside in the fog last night, Brrrrrrrr:o not like the scorchio weather at the Assen weekend !

thanks again to all

Cheers
Hugh:burn: