Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   painting marchesinis?? (/showthread.php?t=39075)

bradders 20-Nov-2006 23:19

painting marchesinis??

any recomendations of peolpe/place for painting std 5 spokers from grey to original Gold as frame and std wheels? Likley cost? and can the colour be matched (all the gold ones I've seen are way off colour)?
thanks

Nattyboy 21-Nov-2006 08:48

Im sure a man of your talents could work wonders with a can of holts bradders...!!!

My mate Pedro (you might know him as he lives down whiteley) has just had his M900 wheels powder coated quite cheap and they were a really nice job - I could get a number for you (down southampton way from memory)

Cheers
Nat

bradders 21-Nov-2006 09:09

Nat - thanks that would help.

So what colour if not gold then; Black? Red? Grey doesnt lok right wit the gold frame...

phil_h 21-Nov-2006 09:10

I've got to get some wheels done this winter, and sharpy has recommended that I try Jason @ finishline in Redhill 01737 763163 as he always does a superb job
(I know what you mean about the colour match - the gold wheels on my sps are way different to the gold that ducati use)

everton 21-Nov-2006 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
Nat - thanks that would help.

So what colour if not gold then; Black? Red? Grey doesnt lok right wit the gold frame...

Black with red pin stripe best looking for me. Are you thinking about having the frame done as well?

Nattyboy 21-Nov-2006 10:36

1 Attachment(s)
Ive just e-mailed him bradders but sharpys contact is pretty good too.

Satin black every time mate...;>)

bradders 21-Nov-2006 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by everton
Black with red pin stripe best looking for me. Are you thinking about having the frame done as well?

depends what happens...have for sale on ebay but rode it on Sunday and....not so sure now! :rolleyes:

if I do keep it, and the wheels I also have for sale, then I would like to but having it all stripped down I would need to pay someone else to do coz I'm worse tahn useless.

If I did, red frame looks good with black wheels I think and that would be the way I'd go, so maybe having the wheels powder coate black would be the best bet

Nattyboy 21-Nov-2006 10:55

Ask duke2bs steve to send you a pic..hes got red frame with satin black wheels and looks pretty good...for a shed - ha ha !!!

Nat

Nattyboy 21-Nov-2006 12:54

Here you go mate;

Company is Trestan Finishers in Southampton, guys name is Andy, number is 02380 433081

cost me £25 per wheel

swannymere 21-Nov-2006 13:21

There's a place in the industrial estate next to St.Mary's stadium that does powder coating.