Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   less than 24 hours to go............. (/showthread.php?t=6281)

yellowisfriedegg 31-Mar-2004 15:48

less than 24 hours to go.............

Weather dependant , lunchtime tomorrow I pick up my 749R :sing:

pray for sun :roll:

Guido 31-Mar-2004 18:59

Another lucky bleeder Andy.

I'm well envious mate.

Hope it all goes well. Say hi to the gang at Crown Street for me.

Gc

Scottch 31-Mar-2004 19:33

Guy,

Thought you were due to visit up 'ere soon? Or has it past?

Hope everything goes / went well!

Cheers!

Scott

Ned 31-Mar-2004 21:16

And my 749 arrives on Tuesday...

Hello to you all. Looking forward to learning the ropes from you all - it's my first Ducati :-)

749R 31-Mar-2004 21:56

Hope it\'s DRY

Hi Andy,

Fingers crossed for tomorrow mate as these extra special Ducs have been known to melt in the rain !! Mine's nearly did last Saturday when I got caught in it;)

Watch out for those Pilot race tyres :o I nearly high sided mine last night at a T junction doing about 10 mph :o:o:o

I think i'll leave them on until Jerez then change them for something a bit more road focused. Any suggestions anyone ?

Regards and good luck :biaggi:

Scottch 31-Mar-2004 22:30

Bill,

I'd be tempted by Diablo's I think, then again, how many road miles are you planning on?

If you're going to do more and more trackdays maybe it would be worth sticking with a track focused tyre?

No point in listening to me! I needed 12 weeks and 4 mates to tell me what tyres to fit the last time!!

You getting out to play on Friday?

Cheers!

Scott

749R 01-Apr-2004 07:33

Ride Out

Yes Scott I will be venturing out on Friday and Saturday and Sunday if your up for any of these days ???

Anyone else planning on going out over the weekend in Scotland give me a shout:biaggi:

yellowisfriedegg 01-Apr-2004 07:36

Quote:

Originally posted by 749R
Watch out for those Pilot race tyres :o I nearly high sided mine last night at a T junction doing about 10 mph :o:o:o

I thought standard fitment was Diablo corsa's , thats what mine arrived at the shop with anyway :sing:

I've been using Diablo corsa's on the 999S and have found them superb in all conditions :D

749R 01-Apr-2004 07:43

Of the 4 bikes that Ducati Glasgow got 2 were fitted with Michelins and 2 with Pirelli's. I drew the short straw mate :mad:

Did you know that they still have a 749R for sale in stock at the moment ?

Rgds Bill

yellowisfriedegg 01-Apr-2004 07:49

Donald at Shirlaws has been told by DUcati UK that there are none left , all sold apparently , I'll tell him about the one in Glasgow as I think someone else up here has asked him to try and get one , they may be able to do a deal ;)