Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Ducati test Team complete another test (/showthread.php?t=85662)

skidlids 24-Feb-2012 09:32

Ducati test Team complete another test

5 Attachment(s)
The test team had 3 days of decent weather to complete further tests on the new bike and also invited the Ducati Satalite teams along

Few Pics of Hector Babera and one of Franco Battainin

bradders 24-Feb-2012 11:12

Ar - I thought you menat the Oxon DD crew ;) :lol:

antonye 24-Feb-2012 12:16

1 Attachment(s)
Interesting that they're running "factory" paint schemes on their test bikes, rather than either their own colours or the usual "all black" test colours.

It does sound like they're making good progress. I read that Abraham has a fiery excursion? Haven't seen any pics of it though!

One pic I did like was the one of the Corse logo machined into the new frame...

MJS 24-Feb-2012 12:29

How does this work then? I thought there was a ban on testing outside of the official tests? How can Hector Barbera be riding a GP12?

antonye 24-Feb-2012 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJS
How does this work then? I thought there was a ban on testing outside of the official tests? How can Hector Barbera be riding a GP12?

IF you read the latest edition of Pronto (arriving this weekend! ;)) you will see that the rules for testing in 2012 have changed - it's now "free" testing but you only get your total 2012 tyre allocation to cover both testing and racing. Therefore if you use up all your tyres in testing you're screwed for the races.

It makes sense to do this, not only because it's in Ducati's favour to fix their chassis issues, but also because they were able to get round the testing ban by employing test riders and using a non-800cc engine and calling it the GP12 ;)