Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   clutch keeps going soft! (/showthread.php?t=36060)

supergray 10-Sep-2006 09:43

clutch keeps going soft!

Hi guys, i did a track day at snetty last week, and after a couple of sessions in the morning there was ****** all effective travel in my lutch lever.
i fiddled with the screw on the lever which resolved the problem, so i presumed that was it but after three or four laps the lever would pull all the way back to the bar again! the screw hadn't vibrated out i reckon the plates need doing soon can this be the cause of this? the resevoir dosn't look like its looseing any level,
but there is something dripping out of the clutch side of the engine but only after a run.
any ideas or just get it to a dealers?

'98 748bp by the way, always forget to put that in!

Dibble 10-Sep-2006 10:35

dripping out on he clutch side ???

if by that you mean the side with the clutch slave cylinder then your slave piston seal has gone, phone nelly, he des an uprated piston and seal, not a lot of money, c£20 I think.

If your leak is in the right as you sit on the bike then thats likely your ould presuure switch, easy repair about £17, but wont be affecting your clutch ....

Good luck mate ...

PDL 10-Sep-2006 21:04

Change your fluid.

Mr C 11-Sep-2006 13:10

Check the presure plate bearing, if this is faulty it will allow the push rod & the piston in the slave cylinder to spin this will cook up the fluid & lose presure

RickyX 11-Sep-2006 14:00

Sounds like air trapped in the line. You need to get a bleed nipple banjo bolt at the lever end - that will get all the air trapped at the upper end of the line.

RX

phil_h 11-Sep-2006 14:39

Actually it sounds like the master cylinder seal has gone.
If its cold you can bleed the system and it all feels fine again, but as soon as you get it hot and use it on a run, it will leak and suck air in again.
So I reckon you should do what dibble says and phone nelly for the uprated kit.