Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Parts For Sale & Wanted (/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Frame wanted (/showthread.php?t=135077)

steeevvvooo 06-Aug-2012 08:56

Frame wanted

Looks like I need a new frame (1998 monster 600) :eek:

Had a chat with a powdercoaters the other week, who said they had someone working weekends from about 7.30am. Great! I was due to drive past about 6am on Saturday morning on the way to a wedding up North so dropped it outside with a note on. I know this was stupid in hindsight, but should have only been for an hour or so and it was very quiet.

Called all day Saturday, no answer. I started to get that sinking feeling… finally got hold of them today, and they can’t find the frame! :mad:

Pretty annoyed to say the least, but mostly with myself for being so stupid! :( I’m debating selling all the bits now as I’m taking this as the latest sign that I shouldn’t be racing (unless anyone has a cheap frame then I might change my mind)

Stevo

848spence 06-Aug-2012 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeevvvooo
Looks like I need a new frame (1998 monster 600) :eek:

Had a chat with a powdercoaters the other week, who said they had someone working weekends from about 7.30am. Great! I was due to drive past about 6am on Saturday morning on the way to a wedding up North so dropped it outside with a note on. I know this was stupid in hindsight, but should have only been for an hour or so and it was very quiet.

Called all day Saturday, no answer. I started to get that sinking feeling… finally got hold of them today, and they can’t find the frame! :mad:

Pretty annoyed to say the least, but mostly with myself for being so stupid! :( I’m debating selling all the bits now as I’m taking this as the latest sign that I shouldn’t be racing (unless anyone has a cheap frame then I might change my mind)

Stevo

WTF thats crap buddy, sure there was one on ebay just few days bk.

steeevvvooo 06-Aug-2012 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by 848spence
WTF thats crap buddy, sure there was one on ebay just few days bk.

I know, really crap :( Pretty stupid thing to do in hindsight, but can't do anything about it now

There are a couple on ebay so I've got my eye on them, but thought I'd check on here too.

I'm not buying one just yet, as I know as soon as I do, the old one will turn up in the next unit or across the road! :rolleyes:

skidlids 06-Aug-2012 13:49

This one would do the job, might be the one spence was thinking of
£150 so not a bad price but needs collecting from up North

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-MON...em2c673 fba04

Older 600 frame here but up until 2002 the frames are mainly the same
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-MON...em27c30 31f75

and another here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-DU...em1e6b5 be4c7

steeevvvooo 11-Sep-2012 08:23

still looking if anyone knows of one going cheap. There are a few on ebay but all £200+ :(

numbskull 11-Sep-2012 18:47

If you get a new frame, i'll powdercoat it for you. For free.