Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Optimate Connection (/showthread.php?t=13683)

Greybloke 29-Jan-2005 21:04

Optimate Connection

Having had all sorts of problems with battery discharge on my Benelli, I want to keep my new pride and joy fully charged and ready for action:D

I have a Optimate battery charger, which can be semi permanemtly connected to the battery. Although I've not looked under the fairing yet (come on only had the bike a week) I understand the battery is under the LH panel, and neccessitates removal of the panel to get access. Clearly I dont want to do this every time I want to conect the Optimate, so I was thinkiing I would attach some leads from the battery, and velcro inside the fairing so I can plug in the charger more easily.

Has anyone used an Optimate with their 749 / 999 and is my idea practical?

Also....

What paddock stand do you recommend

Cheers

Rocker 29-Jan-2005 21:09

You should get with the optimate a socket with 2 lesds that attach to the battery and remains on the bike. You then just plug the optimte into this.
If you havn't got this you can get one from Optimate very easily.
Is it a genuine optimate?

KeefyB 29-Jan-2005 21:13

Yep,got the Optimate permanent lead fitted to my 999.Take the l/h fairing off to get at the battery.I used the permanant lead with the rubber cover to protect the terminals.I ran the cable around the back of the battery box and used one of the rubber wiring bands to secure it to the frame.The teminals just poke out the rear of the fairing.I think the Optimate lead was about £2.50 from Busters.:)

Greybloke 29-Jan-2005 21:41

Hey guys, thanks for the info, It's a genuine Optimate, but the box and additional wires long gone;)

Will source the leads as you suggest.

electricsheep 29-Jan-2005 22:36

At least one Duacti Dealer puts these in as standard as part of the PDI... That's how I got mine:D

rcgbob44 30-Jan-2005 01:36

I have an optimate for my 998s and my jota. I have fitted both og the bike with extended leads so that I only have to lift the seats to plug them in, there both connected across the battery and cable tied to the from and tucked away under the seat units.

There a good investement.

adam 30-Jan-2005 09:49

electric, Im still waiting for rear sets and huggers as standard.