Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   S4R bits (/showthread.php?t=16229)

Lee1980 10-Apr-2005 16:37

S4R bits

My S4r is coming in about 2 weeks so plenty of time for those all important bits, practical ones first :lol::lol: before the bling:D

R&G crash bungs seems to be the best and most common, hope they dont do any frame damage but guess if I come off that fast me or the bike will be totalled anyways:( maybe be the worst thing that can happen is the bung digs in or hits something ? then bends the frame mount:(

Next a hugger, seen the spareshack 2 piece one very expensive but good coverage. Cant find a pic or price of the Dp one anyone have it? Anyother huggers recommended?

For the front, the rad and oil cooler looks a bit exposed:( any covers avaliable? was thinking of some mesh for the short term? or maybe a fender exteneder like i had on my hornet?
As the front/plug coil looks a bit exposed , be a problem in the wet?

Thanks in advance guys:D:D

Gizmo750 10-Apr-2005 17:56

Have dropped you a message

typer77 10-Apr-2005 18:29

I am interested in all the items you mentioned too. If you find out more info, pls let me know!

AK 10-Apr-2005 20:08

for R & G crash bungs - see Tyreman (link in my sig;) )

C

Lee1980 10-Apr-2005 20:25

Thanks CK can i not buy from R&g direct?

webbyc 11-Apr-2005 08:17

You can get a rad cover from Spareshack, but can't seem to find an oil cooler cover anywhere. Make sure you get a steering damper fitted, you'll need it!!!

LesPaul 11-Apr-2005 09:33

I have the DP rear hugger fitted to mine, think it looks neater than the QB one but doesn't protect the rear shock as well as it leaves a gap. Have alook at this thread on the USA monster site. I've attatched a picture of the Desmoworld hugger which seems to give the best of both worlds, neat apperance and good protection of the rear shock.

Darren

Lee1980 12-Apr-2005 09:32

Thanks Darren, I have been lucky and got the 2 piece spareshack/qb carbon one off Gizmo750 (Guy) who is selling his S4r, and his nice pressure plate and cover;) rather have max protection for the rear.

Got my R&G bungs yesterday dealer had them instock, wow, what a suprise. They look very good big to and strong. How much to torque them up? the theaded bar needs doing and the bungs on the end, or is it just a case of nip up tight any locktite?

Nattyboy 15-Apr-2005 03:18

Lee..agree with Webby...damper a MUST !! Torque setting a good idea on the R&G's...SPM23's 'R' lost a bung from one side after a trip to bristol bike show last year causing the 'bolt to wiggle out and the engine to drop slightly..:o

Nat

Lee1980 15-Apr-2005 09:26

Thanks Natt there there are 2 parts to torque up the ends of the tie bar that replaces the original and the bungs that go on the ends with a bolt, but how much anyone know what the original bolt is done up to?

Or just nip it all tight with thread lock to might be best:cool:

Ive used the damper on my 748 a few times :lol::lol: so i can see ohow on the s4r its gonna be needed, guess its the wide bars and low gearing to?