Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   My ST2 is done (/showthread.php?t=79522)

danrduc 25-May-2009 09:59

My ST2 is done

5 Attachment(s)
I just finished rebuilding this salvage 99 ST2. 6 months of work, but I am really impressed with the bike. These must be as good as everyone writes they are. A few hundred miles on the bike has really got me smiling.:)
Some adjustments, tuning tinkering, setting the suspension[as best I could], it runs as smooth and confidently as I could ever hope for. Pretty darned fast also, but so smooth you hardly realize it.:eek:

Jools 25-May-2009 10:25

Whoa....now that is different and looks damn good to me.

Hmmmmm.....now, I've got an ST2 outside and....

How much work was it to put a single sided swinger on it?

NormanBurrows 25-May-2009 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrduc
I just finished rebuilding this salvage 99 ST2. 6 months of work, but I am really impressed with the bike. These must be as good as everyone writes they are. A few hundred miles on the bike has really got me smiling.:)
Some adjustments, tuning tinkering, setting the suspension[as best I could], it runs as smooth and confidently as I could ever hope for. Pretty darned fast also, but so smooth you hardly realize it.:eek:

And that block of wood under the sidestand, does that tell us you have a smidgens of ride height dialled in then? Looks fantastic.

KeefyB 25-May-2009 20:09

Now thats something differant,....I like it.
A worthy contender of Ducati of the month,I think.

Jools 25-May-2009 23:22

Where did you move the battery, and the coils?

danrduc 27-May-2009 05:51

Battery, wiring, airbox under the tank, coils are in stock location. The seat does sit a little tall for me, but I only sport a 30" inseam. I think I used the Monster ride height adjuster, about 6mm longer than the St one dialed all the way down.
S2R swingarm assm. is a bolt on afair, I asked around before embarking on this, but no answers came up, I just went for it. Best guess worked out great, no extra cost or work. No center stand with my exhaust though, although it does sound pretty good to me.
It doesn't lean over to bad, just trying to get more level for the photos. I don't have any experience on current [good] bikes, and this is my first St[Ducati for that matter since about 1973,860darmah?]. This thing is SWEET, I like the power and the ride is fantastic.
I did send it to DOTM, we'll see.

moozaad 05-Jun-2009 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrduc

Really nice! I want one :)

Mad Dog Bianchi 09-Jul-2009 04:24

nice looking. should be fun to ride. Engine is pretty sweet and great for normal riding on public roadways. ENJOY!

However, I will keep my panniers and full fairing as they come in so handy here in rainy Japan (and for long touring as well)

PeteB 09-Jul-2009 14:05

Great project, good looking bike:)

Would make an interesting article for Pronto !!

motoman 23-Jul-2009 22:16

Well done, Mate! :bouncy: