Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   More interesting silly season gossip ... (/showthread.php?t=37289)

TP 07-Oct-2006 17:43

More interesting silly season gossip ...

Read all about it here

TP 07-Oct-2006 18:13

I cannot believe that Yamaha have axed Andrew Pitt after the results he's had and currently lying 4th in the championship! Unbelievable! But then they were going to get rid of him last year too and I was suprised then.

And Assen winner Chris Walker has been axed too!!!! Leading Kawasaki and they've dumped him.

WTF is going on!!!

doogalman 07-Oct-2006 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP

WTF is going on!!!

MONEY!

TP 07-Oct-2006 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogalman
MONEY!

Yeah I know, it just sucks!

doogalman 07-Oct-2006 18:30

This is one pet hate of mine. Uk talent ain't got a chance .
They should try kicking a bladder of air for 90 min and faking injuries, they'd all be multi millionaires then:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

TP 07-Oct-2006 18:35

Quote:

This is one pet hate of mine. Uk talent ain't got a chance .

UK industry needs to get behind riders if they're going to be successful I think. For some reason Aussie's have always seemed to get by without it, I don't know why.

Quote:

They should try kicking a bladder of air for 90 min and faking injuries, they'd all be multi millionaires then:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

And spend half of it on fast cars and alice bands :)

doogalman 07-Oct-2006 18:42

Was Corser and Haga in the same Red-Bull team when in 500's???
I so want Foogy's team to clinch a big money sponsor, some good riders are still available, promise of full factory dukes, a slick team fronted by Jack Valentine. What more do the potential sponsors want before they sign the ef'in cheque??:mad: :mad: :devil: :devil:

TP 07-Oct-2006 18:54

Quote:

Was Corser and Haga in the same Red-Bull team when in 500's???
I so want Foogy's team to clinch a big money sponsor, some good riders are still available, promise of full factory dukes, a slick team fronted by Jack Valentine. What more do the potential sponsors want before they sign the ef'in cheque??:mad: :mad: :devil: :devil:

Corser's GP effort:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Racing Online
1997 Yamaha Promotor Racing, number 11 Yamaha
Moving with his team into 500cc Grands Prix, Corser was paired with Luca Cadalora on the YZR500. Unfortunately, there were problems with sponsorship and contracts, not helped when the team collapsed and was rescued by Red Bull and WCM. In the seven races Troy took part in, he got points in four, with twelfth his best finish. This meant eleven points and 23rd in the championship

doogalman 07-Oct-2006 19:18

Oh well just goes to show that my memory is going along with my marbles.:o :o

Smurf 08-Oct-2006 10:46

Latest rumour: Biaggi has turned his back on Alstare Suzuki and is going to Kawasaki In Moto GP!!!