Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Can we invite the Dutch over here ? (/showthread.php?t=30340)

phoenix n max 08-May-2006 12:56

Can we invite the Dutch over here ?

Having a discussion here -

How about returning the favour ? - Can we have our own Ducati Club meet here- say Cadwell and get the Dutch to come ?

No idea of the ins and outs but just thought it would be fun to do, I know the Belgian Monsters were very keen :)

multi600 08-May-2006 13:09

What all of them:lol::lol:
Mike

Ian 08-May-2006 13:11

they have been invited to the Cadwell event.

dickieducati 08-May-2006 13:18

they will be jumping through hoops when they see the set up at cadwell compared to assen!

Chris Wood 08-May-2006 13:26

Can't see why they wouldn't want come?

the weather...

the paddock...

the track....

the organisation...

the grid girls...

the catering...

louth...

NBs996 08-May-2006 13:35

After the show they put on at Assen, they'd surely be going home from here a little disappointed!

antonye 08-May-2006 14:22

I don't know what you guys are complaining about! You get showers at Cadwell ...

Ian 08-May-2006 14:29

I think the disappointed, never happy thing is more a British thing, some people are actually happy with their lot, glass half full not empty, and just happy with being around like minded Ducati people at a race track. If I remember correctly when I met the Dutch guys at Brands last year they sounded very keen that some of them would have the opportunity to join our Ducati’s out on a British track that they see on TV with BSB, - remember that BSB is one if not the best domestic superbike series in the world. The Dutch guys can do Brands themselves relatively easily so I don’t think Cadwell is a bad event/circuit for them, - and hey it is about the hospitality so down to you members to make ‘em feel welcome and make sure that they have a good time?

When Chris B, Monty and myself met with the Dutch club a big reason for doing DD at Assen was that we were hoping that friendships would be made between the clubs that would benefit both sides for years to come, - no reason that we could not take in Dutch TT with them in future? Grolsch anybody?
:)

domski 08-May-2006 15:27

It would be great to have them over here.

We just need a £1bn track to compliment theirs!!!

Assen ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

NBs996 08-May-2006 15:34

You're right ian, if we can put on a good event for them I'm sure they'd enjoy it. But can we ask them to bring their brolly girls?!
I've registered and posted some words of thanks/praise on their forum, and from the reception we got at assen I'm sure a good relationship is possible.

Assen ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!