Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   1st Bike Duke Newbie 888 (/showthread.php?t=38700)

Jasper 11-Nov-2006 17:15

Welcome.JD's and some codeine at the moment.Great choice of bike.But i would say that,wouldn't i?

888 dave 11-Nov-2006 22:31

welcome you will all the guys on here very helpfull good choice. dave 888 sp4.

Big Duke 6 12-Nov-2006 15:32

I just think the 888's looks are the bomb

Nat, yes I would be interested in your Hi levels.....

Big Duke 6 12-Nov-2006 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nattyboy
If you can wait a few weeks, I will be selling my mint hi levels ?

Cheers
Nat

Nat where do I get a one piece seat pad and seat/tail unit like yours, and do I need a different subframe?

Sorry if these are silly questions, but I know nothing about bikes.

I did manage to locate the spark plugs yesterday, so I am making progress, they were a bit black, does that mean it's running bad?

Cheers, Russ

Nattyboy 12-Nov-2006 16:20

Hi Russ

Seat unit is from qb carbon - pads original sp5. You can get the seat unit to fit the strada subframe ok..but have a wordk with rob b as hes got an original brand new SP0 subframe which would work a treat !!

A lot of interest in the pipes - they are as new, with hangers..first £325 gets them..

Cheers
Nat

RightSaidFred 12-Nov-2006 16:28

Hello and welcome. A pint of Creme de Menth, thanks.
My comisserations in advance for the inevitable aggrivation you will undoubtedly receive along with T8 custodianship, but if you can keep it just short of being sectioned to the nearest asylum, you're doing it right.
Black spark plugs usually mean rich running by the way, i.e. too much fuel. I would first check or replace the air filter, maybe for a K&N type. If not the a quick rolling road session should see it ok. Or you may find that fitting some more open pipes with a new filter will lean it off to just right.
Regards.
Lyndsay.

Big Duke 6 12-Nov-2006 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nattyboy
Hi Russ

Seat unit is from qb carbon - pads original sp5. You can get the seat unit to fit the strada subframe ok..but have a wordk with rob b as hes got an original brand new SP0 subframe which would work a treat !!

A lot of interest in the pipes - they are as new, with hangers..first £325 gets them..

Cheers
Nat

Done