Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Thomas Luthi and the DDC (/showthread.php?t=18706)

NBs996 15-Jun-2005 18:00

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy Ibbott
TP,

I didn't ask you this on Friday but what do you look at when sitting ready for the off?

A

Don't know what TP looks at, but I look at the gap i'm gonna poke the bike through and keep the lights in my peripheral vision. Seems to work for me, but if there's a better way then I'm all ears!

Andy Ibbott 15-Jun-2005 18:17

Spot on fellas, using your peripheral means you react quicker to the change and looking for a gap is where the focus of the eyes should be.

Gold stars all round:D

Rattler 15-Jun-2005 18:20

I launch hard as soon as I see the green light !!!!!! ;)

Andy Ibbott 15-Jun-2005 18:22

I can see this getting pervvy!:rolleye:

JPM 15-Jun-2005 18:23

Quote:

I can see this getting pervvy!:rolleye:

You said it :D

TP 15-Jun-2005 18:25

Right, use peripheral vision and look for a gap. Gotcha.

Try not to get pervvy. Gotcha.

Monty 15-Jun-2005 19:24

Andy, I started watching Thomas last year-it was fairly obvious he was bloody quick and I remember someone saying that you can teach a quick rider to stop crashing easier than a slow rider to go fast. Was watching qualifying a couple a races ago, they followed him into his pit and who did I see but you-sent you a txt-don't know if you got it. You have obviously worked a few little wonders as he now looks much tidyer and less 'loose' than before. Mikka is flying as well isn't he. I love the 125's, real racing, it's all about corner speed and not loosing momentum-bit like riding my Saturno last year at the school............

John

Brogins 15-Jun-2005 22:54

Quote:

I think the title will be between him and Kallio, maybe Simoncelli. He picked too soft a rear in Catalunya which is why he went from 3rd row to 1st and then all the way back to 7th. Mind you, he finally used the feet up ASAP technique for starting and we all saw what effect that had!:roll:

A

..Mattia Pasini.. a Misano pupil... watch him...:)

Andy Ibbott 15-Jun-2005 23:42

Pasini is a quick boy too. Heck he leads the Championship at the moment. I watch him like a hawk! LOL