Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   A Few FAQ's for the New Messageboard (/showthread.php?t=31784)

Gizmo 08-Jun-2006 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK
Giz - works fine on UKMOC UpNorth & VD as usual mate.
Checked cookies - all appears as it should
Just tried to edit one of my posts again - still cant do it, as each time I try & 'save' I then appear to be logged out, tho if I then click on the 'todays posts' for example I am still logged in:borg:

can you delete the old dsc/xmb forum cookies Frank, it might be worth checking usergroup permissions, its in admin cp/usergroups/forum permissions start checking CK's usergroup in post/thread permissions block and check "can edit own posts " is enabled with permissions to edit in each forum. it might be the editing wasn't enabled when the user group was setup, there's a lot of boxes to tick or not tick as i've found out :(

AK 08-Jun-2006 09:22

she isnt a member any more michael so let her stew:lol: :lol: :lol:
and is now out so cant see my post till late today;)

webteam 08-Jun-2006 09:22

cheers Giz - I have an account of my own with exactly the same priv's as Charlotte, I'll check it out now.

WT-Frank 08-Jun-2006 09:26

Here I am again, Nice to have a split-personality I guess...

Using the edit function now - Deal or No deal ???? Works fine!

Charlotte - once youve pressed the "Edit" button - you then need to look for a "Save" button to obviously save the changes NOT pressing another edit again

or

You can use the "Post Reply" Button to enter a completely new response - I'll keep checking.

options changed x2 can I still edit?

Frustrated Frank

AK 08-Jun-2006 09:36

she uses the save button mate thats WHY she was asking for help.
it all is the same as the other sites we both use

Iconic944ss 08-Jun-2006 09:55

I'm sorry CK & AK - I've tried replicating CK's account options and fault and it just works fine for me (as you can see from the WT-Frank post).

I wouldnt of thought this was really related to the cookie issue, but I dont know that much about them either - and I'm afraid my brain is still fried from a 2am session at the PC last night!

I'll have to pass this on to Eamonn & Mark since they are the real Guru's.

No-one else has flagged this kind of problem recently that I'm aware of :(