Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   1998 M600 rain stopping play! (/showthread.php?t=7257)

Syvers 06-May-2004 14:52

1998 M600 rain stopping play!

I have so many problems when there is the slightest bt of rain the bike wont start even if running fine the even before. I do have a cover but sometimes forget to put it on. Anyway, as soon as the sun comes out and dries it up it works again! I am sure it has something to do with wet getting to the spark plugs as it turns over just doesnt start up. I am no mechanic.

A friend tells me they are just rubbish in bad weather fullstop. A point he made to me after i bought it!!

Is this just something to put up with or is there an aswer, perhaps a different type of spark plug cover with a watertight seal?

Any help would be appreciated.

On another subject the rear brake sounds like an articulated lorry, my dealer said he had fixed it and it is worse. I saw something about using a piece of tin from a can as a shim, does anyone know where i can find instrcutions on fitting this as i cant for the life of me find them. I will take the instructions to the dealer and ask him to sort it out!!

Thanks very much

Paul

Nattyboy 06-May-2004 18:53

Hi you have U2U mate

Ducatis rubbish in bad weather - a load of cobblers !!!

Nat

AK 06-May-2004 19:37

Quote:

Originally posted by Nattyboy
Ducatis rubbish in bad weather - a load of cobblers !!!

Nat

After the last w/end - the annual UKMOC bash), when we had so many different years of monsters (about 60), all blasting about in the wet on Fri/Sat & Mon (the only dry day was Sunday:o ) - not one broke down (except AK's - and thats cos he got water in his own home built electrics:P )
Tell your mate he's talking cr*p.

Syvers 06-May-2004 20:11

If it is working then rains it is fine or if really warmed up allready but if left and it rains, say outside work then it wont start up at the end of the day.

There must be a reason for this as surely they wouldnt make a bike that cant handle the weather!!

Syvers 06-May-2004 20:22

P.s Nattyboy does U2U mean something i dont get or was it just a typo, cheers

Ahh, dont worry i have just seen the U2U thing, thanks

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Syvers]

Loz 06-May-2004 20:22

Poor starting in the wet ...

I am no mechanic so I shouldn't butt-in, but my old Suzuki GT750A often had problems in the wet until I replaced the HT leads. Hope that helps.

Syvers 06-May-2004 20:24

Thanks Loz, i'll try anything