Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Bikes For Sale & Wanted (/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Class B 600SS for sale, race ready (/showthread.php?t=80588)

Zimbo16 08-Sep-2009 22:56

Class B 600SS for sale, race ready

NOW SOLD

As it looks unlikely I'll be back in DD for next year and could use the money elsewhere, my 600SS DD bike is up for sale.
I raced the bike last year and had no mechanical issues at all, it's done one trackday this year and that's it.

History - this is Chris Wood's old class B bike.

Chris spent a lot of money getting the bike properly prepared, including getting the engine professionally rebuilt and set up, a lot of suspension work, top quality brakes.

Engine - pulls very well off the line, the bike is no slower or faster than the other class B SS bikes in a straight line but I was always able to make up a row or even two off the start. Starts and runs sweet, some piston slap from cold as with most of the early 600s.

Suspension - Marzochi forks, Showa SSie longer rear shock, both resprung and reworked by K-Tech. Shock has adjustable compression and rebound damping.

Brakes - 996 brake and clutch master cylinders, braided hoses, twin Goldline calipers with Performance Friction pads, very trick full floating cast Brembo discs. Two finger braking from any speed with lots of progression and feedback, zero fade - best brakes I've ever had on a bike.

Foot controls - 749 rearsets on adaptor plates, direct gearshift, race shift pattern.

Exhaust - madified 900ss 2-1-2 stainless headers, custom made high level big bore exhausts, could do with repacking, Well tucked out of the way, no issue of damage in crashes.

Fairings - Ricambi Weiss, slightly tatty in places but sound and useable.

Comes with V5 and all road gear - seat, clocks, lights, road fairings, foot controls etc.
Also comes with a spare complete set of tatty but useable race fairings.

Bike is race ready and could be taken straight out, would need a service for next season and that's it.

Looking for around £1300 all in,
this most excellent bike is back up for sale. I bought it off of Zimbo a couple of years ago. I managed to get out on it twice, Mallory and Anglesey, but apart from that its been sat around, begging to be played with and looking very sad

This bike needs a loving home and an owner who has got more time and less commitments than I do.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Andy Turner has NOW SOLD the bike
__________________________________________________ ______________
I've got new pics if you want them but it looks exactly the same with new tyres and a lap timer.

Ghost 09-Sep-2009 00:14

Ohh Zimbo, think again. I know needs must and all, but if it has to be hope someone can do it justice for you. :burn:

Chris Wood 09-Sep-2009 13:42

Shame Zimbo.

It was VERY low mileage 15k when we bought it in 05, very well serviced and looked after during that time, 05/06/07.

IIRC was 60hp on the BSD dyno.

Bike is a rocket ship, and quite robust!

All the work is done, and with all the road gear!! Bargain!!

andys 900ss 09-Sep-2009 14:03

Thats where its been...

Had some awesome battles with this machine in 2006 / 2007, especially at Snetterton (remember Chris, was your birthday??).

Its a quick one and well setup. Uses same brake discs as I do, top stuff.

Andy

fil2 09-Sep-2009 14:48

what about price with no road kit.?...i may be interested.

cheers

Phil

ChrisBushell 09-Sep-2009 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by fil2

cheers

Phil

Phil,

Thinking of a comeback?

Chris

Zimbo16 09-Sep-2009 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wood
Shame Zimbo.

It was VERY low mileage 15k when we bought it in 05, very well serviced and looked after during that time, 05/06/07.

IIRC was 60hp on the BSD dyno.

Bike is a rocket ship, and quite robust!

All the work is done, and with all the road gear!! Bargain!!

The bike is indeed a rocket ship and pulls like a train, a testament to the high level of build and preparation Chris put in.
I do hate to sell it as it'll be very hard to replace like for like, but I'd rather see it being raced as it was meant to be than sat in the back of my shed gathering dust . . . this bike belongs in DD!

Chris Wood 10-Sep-2009 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by andys 900ss
Thats where its been...

Had some awesome battles with this machine in 2006 / 2007, especially at Snetterton (remember Chris, was your birthday??).

Its a quick one and well setup. Uses same brake discs as I do, top stuff.

Andy

I remember all but about 20 minutes of that day, I had a little lie down in a field and some nice men gave me a ride back to the paddock....

Chris Wood 10-Sep-2009 10:43

Quote:

cheers

Phil

Like Edwards returning to WSB....go on son, what's the worst that could happen?

Chaz 10-Sep-2009 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Phil,

Thinking of a comeback?

Chris

Is Phil eligible to race in class B ?

ChrisBushell 10-Sep-2009 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaz
Is Phil eligible to race in class B ?

Chaz,

I need to check teh rules, but I think he might as he hasn't raced for at least two years?

Chris

Chris Wood 10-Sep-2009 13:41

Yep, back to novice status.....:lol:

He's slow anyway, fast in 2005/6 isn't going to be fast enough in 2009/10 is it?

skidlids 10-Sep-2009 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wood
Yep, back to novice status.....:lol:

He's slow anyway, fast in 2005/6 isn't going to be fast enough in 2009/10 is it?

Cadwell Class B lap record is now almost 3 seconds faster in 2009 than the one set at the first Cadwell round in 2006 and Matt Trayner went even faster on a Class B bike entered in Class A

And I'm sure in the right hands Zimbo's bike is capable of running at the front, would be nice to see it back out on the grid
And at £1300 its a bargain for anyone wanting to join the series

andyturner 10-Sep-2009 22:10

Get yer mits off !!!

SOLD. See you next year boys :frog:

Ghost 10-Sep-2009 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyturner

Get your arse into gear and get it on the grid at Cadwell. Zimbo shook it down at Pembrey last week, its ready to go..........but are you!!!!!!! :D

skidlids 11-Sep-2009 00:04

Quote:

Saves you borrowing mine again
Nice one Andy be good to see you and Caz around the paddock again

Chris Wood 11-Sep-2009 00:50

Nice one Andy. It only has fast and a stop option IIRC!!

Gilps 11-Sep-2009 04:39

Quote:

I think you got a good 'un there. Now all you need is a sofa.;)

injected 11-Sep-2009 16:00

I'm glad it sold, my mouse finger was getting itchy! See you on the track I hope!

fil2 12-Sep-2009 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Cadwell Class B lap record is now almost 3 seconds faster in 2009 than the one set at the first Cadwell round in 2006 and Matt Trayner went even faster on a Class B bike entered in Class A

And I'm sure in the right hands Zimbo's bike is capable of running at the front, would be nice to see it back out on the grid
And at £1300 its a bargain for anyone wanting to join the series

it's amazing what a 60bhp 583 !!!! ( riiiight ) can do compared to my old winning bike that pumped out on the dyno 49BHP !.....

have fun with it !

skidlids 12-Sep-2009 19:51

Quote:

my old winning bike that pumped out on the dyno 49BHP !.....

That'll be the about the same as Dallas's bike which was good for 1m 50s lap at Cadwell 6 weeks ago.
Not sure where you would find a 60bhp 583 as thats as much as my Class A bike, Maybe Mr. Woods is getting his bikes mixed up

WeeJohnyB 12-Sep-2009 19:57

:lol:

Same as the CB5's:( Cadwell record now 1.46, maybe 1.45 can't recall but that's 4 seconds quicker than it was a few years back (on 49bhp....cough). Toseland must have been rubbish when he won it;)

WeeJohnyB

andyturner 14-Sep-2009 00:19

Yeee HA - Got me a bike!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
Get your arse into gear and get it on the grid at Cadwell. Zimbo shook it down at Pembrey last week, its ready to go..........but are you!!!!!!! :D

Dudes,

busy tied up jumping out of planes at the moment and you'all dialled in over Summer so I'm gonna wait till next spring after you've eaten all the mince pies and got rusty again! At which point I'll be fighting not to be last as usual ;0)) Have a great time at Cadwell, Ace Xmas & see you'all next year!

Love
Andy
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

badgerpilot 15-Sep-2009 12:33

Be good to have another battler with us at the back, it's much better than those boring buggers at the front and we have more to laugh about when/if we make it back to the paddock!
See you next year.

Chris Wood 18-Sep-2009 13:07

Quote:

That'll be the about the same as Dallas's bike which was good for 1m 50s lap at Cadwell 6 weeks ago.
Not sure where you would find a 60bhp 583 as thats as much as my Class A bike, Maybe Mr. Woods is getting his bikes mixed up

Got it!

60 at the crank / 53 at the wheel.....dyno sheet should be with the bike...

andyturner 11-Nov-2012 16:18

Class B bike back up for sale. £1300.

Hi,

this most excellent bike is back up for sale. I bought it off of Zimbo a couple of years ago. I managed to get out on it twice, Mallory and Anglesey, but apart from that its been sat around, begging to be played with and looking very sad :(

This bike needs a loving home and an owner who has got more time and less commitments than I do.

I've got new pics if you want them but it looks exactly the same with new tyres and a lap timer.

Home: 01453 842 778.
Mobile: 0797 381 1044.
email: andyturner@dropzone.com

Regards,
Andy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zimbo16
As it looks unlikely I'll be back in DD for next year and could use the money elsewhere, my 600SS DD bike is up for sale.
I raced the bike last year and had no mechanical issues at all, it's done one trackday this year and that's it.

History - this is Chris Wood's old class B bike.

Chris spent a lot of money getting the bike properly prepared, including getting the engine professionally rebuilt and set up, a lot of suspension work, top quality brakes.

Engine - pulls very well off the line, the bike is no slower or faster than the other class B SS bikes in a straight line but I was always able to make up a row or even two off the start. Starts and runs sweet, some piston slap from cold as with most of the early 600s.

Suspension - Marzochi forks, Showa SSie longer rear shock, both resprung and reworked by K-Tech. Shock has adjustable compression and rebound damping.

Brakes - 996 brake and clutch master cylinders, braided hoses, twin Goldline calipers with Performance Friction pads, very trick full floating cast Brembo discs. Two finger braking from any speed with lots of progression and feedback, zero fade - best brakes I've ever had on a bike.

Foot controls - 749 rearsets on adaptor plates, direct gearshift, race shift pattern.

Exhaust - madified 900ss 2-1-2 stainless headers, custom made high level big bore exhausts, could do with repacking, Well tucked out of the way, no issue of damage in crashes.

Fairings - Ricambi Weiss, slightly tatty in places but sound and useable.

Comes with V5 and all road gear - seat, clocks, lights, road fairings, foot controls etc.
Also comes with a spare complete set of tatty but useable race fairings.

Bike is race ready and could be taken straight out, would need a service for next season and that's it.

Looking for around £1300 all in, contact no 07896 219239.

skidlids 11-Nov-2012 16:38

Andy I have moved this post to the bikes for sale section, made it a Sticky and replaced Zimbos contact details in the first post with your own.
Kev

andyturner 11-Nov-2012 18:38

Cheers Kev

Quote:

Andy I have moved this post to the bikes for sale section, made it a Sticky and replaced Zimbos contact details in the first post with your own.
Kev

Cheers Kev

andyturner 29-Nov-2012 22:50

Pictures as requested...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater