Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Is it just me or is it Ebay (/showthread.php?t=81153)

skidlids 21-Nov-2009 22:13

Is it just me or is it Ebay

1 Attachment(s)
This evening I can log on to MY Ebay and any items I'm bidding on or watching, but I can't get into the Ducati section in Part and Accessories.

I even went to Ebay.com
did a search for Ducati and it came back with Zero results

and a message to try again later

See pic

antonye 21-Nov-2009 22:19

Not just you, I get the same.

BTW, if you're searching for Ducati stuff, search for the word in quotes: "Ducati"
That way ebay will only return items with that word in the title, otherwise you'll get additional 'recommended' items in there - stuff that is completely irrelevant!

skidlids 22-Nov-2009 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
Not just you, I get the same.

Seems to be OK again now, good to know it wasn't just me

and now its working again I managed to find some connectors for the 59M ECU a very rare find as its the first time I've ever seen them for sale

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-Moto-Gu...item439b8e5297

antonye 23-Nov-2009 10:37

Ebay put up a notice about the issues:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebay.co.uk
***Update on search issues ***

22 November, 2009 | 06:33PM GMT

Yesterday, Saturday, 21 November, we experienced a technical issue that resulted in searches returning either limited or no results. We know this issue may have disrupted your business.

Our priority was to identify and fix the issue as quickly as possible, and restore full search functionality. Our teams worked around the clock to do that, with search functionality returning throughout Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

We know this is a really busy time for you as you ramp up your businesses for the Christmas season. We regret any potential impact that this technical issue may have had. We will continue to monitor site performance and ensure that the issue is fully resolved.

Rest assured that we will assess the economic impact of the problem and will compensate sellers appropriately. The mechanism and process for issuing full fee credits for affected listings will be announced over the course of the next few days.

Please accept our sincere thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Jody Ford,

The eBay Team

skidlids 23-Nov-2009 12:38

Looks like their search engine was overloaded or plain worn out from overwork