Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Tyre life/Replacements 749R (/showthread.php?t=22695)

andyb 12-Oct-2005 23:19

Quote:

Originally posted by butch890
I have used 3 rear diablo corsa's (5000miles) and have just changed to 209 gp's (190Rear on the guru's recomendment,and changed head angle) absolutly fantastic,stable,turns on a sixpence and is a lot more agile.
Butch

Which compound mix are you using?

Lily 12-Oct-2005 23:22

another 209 fan here!!

great tyres and if you an' be bothered changing them it's surprising how long they will last :cool:

JPM 12-Oct-2005 23:26

I went from 207GP stars on my 996 to 208GP's on the Bostrom and finally onto 209Gp's on the R only 4 days ago in Jerez, straight from a 208GP and instantly went quicker, felt more solid and way more grip.

Personally I've never got on with super corsa's and the only other tyres I ran on a duke were BT010's when they first came out and they were suprisingly good

butch890 13-Oct-2005 15:17

Quote:

Originally posted by andyb
Quote:

I have used 3 rear diablo corsa's (5000miles) and have just changed to 209 gp's (190Rear on the guru's recomendment,and changed head angle) absolutly fantastic,stable,turns on a sixpence and is a lot more agile.
Butch

It the black ,rubbery sticky one!:frog:
Butch

andyb 14-Oct-2005 00:34

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Butch

Butch

Your so predictable........or as ive heard soft soft? Or was it medium? You going to aspain with the jhp lot?

butch890 14-Oct-2005 15:41

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Butch

Butch

Your so predictable........or as ive heard soft soft? Or was it medium? You going to aspain with the jhp lot?
Is the pope jewish!:lol:
Butch

iang 14-Oct-2005 20:55

Well Lily and Butch, after reading your rave reviews on the 209gp I have bought a pair, so I will try them out and see what I think.

I take it that you tried them first on track and liked them but i
hope that they are ok on the road !!

I never ride in the wet, mainly country roads and I found the Diablo corsa very good, are these even more sticky, ok for the road and what mileage do you think that I can expect.
Also do they come in different compounds or just the one.

I hope they are ok for the road or they will be getting swapped for a rear diablo corsa !!

[Edited on 15-10-2005 by iang]

Spank 13-Feb-2006 00:40

I've got the Michelin Pilots Sports that came on my 749 and they suit it really well although I can find their limits they have plenty of feel. I seem to be wearing the front more than the rear after 2200 miles and will most likley have to replace the pair by 3000. I picked up a rear Hi-Sport for 70 quid to try and I'll either stick a used 207RR I've got kicking around on the front or see what comes up cheap. If I have to pay normal price I'll have a 60 profile 207RR for extra front end grip.