Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   I bow out of Desmo Due (/showthread.php?t=80802)

Chris Wood 06-Oct-2009 12:40

'Who's the fast guy on the SS without the lights then?' That was my first impression of the new guy Andy in 06? I think.

You have always been consistent Andy, in person and in race or track mode, always having a good time. I'm glad I kept about half a season in front of you over the years, to save you kicking my ass. You, Trace and your Dad have always been great supporters of DD and brought the best 'fan base' to every round. I remember chatting to your Dad about his sidecar days and him telling me how 'wild' my regular last corner Oulton pk lines were that day!

Thanks for adding everything you have to the DSC and DD, (DJ-ing at trackdays wtf?) and just goes to show, you get what you give!!

I could blame you for my Snetterton 'incident', (I was too busy looking behind to look in front of me maybe?) But I won't!

Look after you insides buddy, your heart is just asking you to stop the swimming maybe? Glad you caught it early too.

You all have bikes and beds in Aus anytime.

Cheers

andys 900ss 06-Oct-2009 13:44

My Dad used to say 'look at how hard he's trying, he's on the grass at the exit of the corners.......'

100% doesnt come into it, you gave 110% everytime.

Might take you up on the Oz thing one day, never been but got loads of family out there.

Andy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wood
'Who's the fast guy on the SS without the lights then?' That was my first impression of the new guy Andy in 06? I think.

You have always been consistent Andy, in person and in race or track mode, always having a good time. I'm glad I kept about half a season in front of you over the years, to save you kicking my ass. You, Trace and your Dad have always been great supporters of DD and brought the best 'fan base' to every round. I remember chatting to your Dad about his sidecar days and him telling me how 'wild' my regular last corner Oulton pk lines were that day!

Thanks for adding everything you have to the DSC and DD, (DJ-ing at trackdays wtf?) and just goes to show, you get what you give!!

I could blame you for my Snetterton 'incident', (I was too busy looking behind to look in front of me maybe?) But I won't!

Look after you insides buddy, your heart is just asking you to stop the swimming maybe? Glad you caught it early too.

You all have bikes and beds in Aus anytime.

Cheers

antonye 06-Oct-2009 13:46

Best wishes Andy.

Dominic Clegg 06-Oct-2009 14:26

All best with this mate see you about

OWTBAR 06-Oct-2009 14:48

Well what can we say matey that hasn't all ready been said , its been fantastic to watch you and the rest of the guys and girls racing in the series over the last three and a bit years. We have has some great weekends away camping and some brilliant laughs. To us Andy (Valentino) is a true gent always has a smile on his face and has time for everyone. If my memory serves me right our first meet was mallory and from there we got the bug,seeing Andy tank around was something we didn't expect of him. We will not be disappearing we are going to have a few weekends away watching the series (Sorry Tim you not getting rid of us that quick:p we will be around to cook some more burgers if required:) Andy titanium valve is being polished up and tray will put ready with the op equipment;) can't say much more Andy said it all in me text sunday ,good luck with the op and see you soon .

Chris and the Valentino 65 /1 Fan Club

paynep 06-Oct-2009 15:05

All the best Andy - if you can ward off the likes of Will and Otei the op will be a doddle!

Best wishes for whatever you do next - I'm glad I finally got to stand on a podium with you!

Paul

badgerpilot 06-Oct-2009 17:39

I've only been around half a season and the closest I've got to you is when you're lapping me, in fact one of my best moments so far is racing for the full 8 laps in this Sunday's first DD race. Seeing the result sheet reading 2.00.18 behind instead of 1 lap was a big acheivement for me.

Take on the op like you do your racing and you'll sail through it no problem fella.

Much respect to you and see you around next year.

Tonio600 06-Oct-2009 19:23

Best of luck with the op Andy. And Contratulations again for all your achievements during those 4 seasons. There are not many Champions out there, but you're one of them. Twice. :lol:

harriebird 06-Oct-2009 19:57

good luck with the op Andy :) lucky that you were able to get it diagnosed and are getting the appropriate treatment.

my neighbour had a similar problem and similar op a couple of years ago, being a marathon runner and a similar age to you, he couldnt understand why he was suddenly out of breath where he was normally still going strong so also did the sensible thing. he has made a great recovery, the health of his heart otherwise and his general good health and fitness levels sped up the recovery no end.

not a bad record to bow out with now really is it :D

all the best and congratulations again on your championship win this year :)

Fastfasulli 06-Oct-2009 20:00

Congratulations on the championship Andy - double champ does DD have any other double champs???

You've always had a positive word which is a great thing. I'm sure you will deal with this new challenge in the same way.

Good luck

Franco