Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Speeding question (/showthread.php?t=79102)

Col996s 10-Apr-2009 17:17

Speeding question

Whilst on the way to Brands this morning I approached a forward facing camera van on a dual carriageway and didn't slow down until I realised that it was there.
Is there any way that I can be done if my number plate is noted down after I have passed the van?

baylissboy 10-Apr-2009 17:39

Yes, unfortunatly you can!!

They record your speed, then make a note of your number!!

Watch the letterbox for 2 weeks, if you hear nothing after 2 weeks they can't do you, i believe!!

YMFB 10-Apr-2009 19:31

next time stop, then reverse until out of sight:D

hope you dont hear anything from the rozzers

chris.p 10-Apr-2009 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by baylissboy

Watch the letterbox for 2 weeks, if you hear nothing after 2 weeks they can't do you, i believe!!

I think you might be wrong there, I belive the only way they can ID you is if they have a multi camera on the side on the van to take pictures of you and catching your number plate as you pass the van, but I stand to be corrected, Andyb???

Chris.

Col996s 10-Apr-2009 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by baylissboy

Thanks,
Wish I hadn't asked though.

andyb 10-Apr-2009 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
I think you might be wrong there, I belive the only way they can ID you is if they have a multi camera on the side on the van to take pictures of you and catching your number plate as you pass the van, but I stand to be corrected, Andyb???

Chris.

stand corrected mate........picture record speed, take number as you pass.........nip in the post!

chris.p 10-Apr-2009 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyb
stand corrected mate........picture record speed, take number as you pass.........nip in the post!

:( , must remember that then:(

Chris:burn:

YMFB 10-Apr-2009 20:20

unless the operator ws eating his/her butties, recently saw one parked in a dodgy place that I wouldnt have parked at devouring lunch.

Is the two weeks bit right, I thought it was months that "they" had to send the NIP

WhiteWizard 10-Apr-2009 22:00

If the operator could be bothered, they MAY record your reg and still prosecute. IF they did, they indeed have two weeks to satisfactorily, deliver the NIP to you.
Note the MAY and IF.
So it is correct that if you have not recieved anything two weeks from the date of the offence, the case cannot proceed.
Thats not to say that you may get your NIP 3-4 weeks after. If thats the case, (and they do try it on) the above needs to be pointed out and the case will be discontinued.

:rodent:

So fingers crossed for the remainder.

andyb 10-Apr-2009 22:06

We all need to get our head around the 14 day issuing of the nip.......its not a start the clock thing that ends exactly there after.....

its a process thats about identifying the driver at the time of the offence and reporting them that they could be prosecuted. It could take several months and still be ok......