Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Suspension servicing (/showthread.php?t=83994)

aide998tt 01-Mar-2011 22:54

Suspension servicing

Hi all,
Am after getting my forks (showa) and rear shock (Ohlins) servicing any recommendations. Also has anybody used 100% suspension from servicing as the suspension is off my track bike and colin started to set up the bike last year at cadwell so am thinking maybe a suspension servicing off him and then getting it set up again.
Cheers
Aide

Gobert23 02-Mar-2011 09:45

I suppose it would depend where you're based?

I've used various people ('Maxton', 'K-Tech', etc) and always been very satisfied with the work that they're done.

'McT' seems to be very popular and Steve Jordan is recommended by many people...

Food for thought?

G

Chaz 02-Mar-2011 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by aide998tt
Hi all,
Am after getting my forks (showa) and rear shock (Ohlins) servicing any recommendations. Also has anybody used 100% suspension from servicing as the suspension is off my track bike and colin started to set up the bike last year at cadwell so am thinking maybe a suspension servicing off him and then getting it set up again.
Cheers
Aide

Where do you live? there are a few good people dotted about the country,
HM racing in Kent, Louigi Moto in Bristol, Maxton in Cheshire, to name a few.

aide998tt 02-Mar-2011 23:11

Am in york, there is a company called reactive suspenison near me anyone heard or used them.

FoxCorp 03-Mar-2011 21:33

MCT - job done.

Ray 04-Mar-2011 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by aide998tt
Am in york, there is a company called reactive suspenison near me anyone heard or used them.

Used them to have a rear ohlins rebuilt off a 998r a good few years ago.

Good service and reasonable price.

Ray.