Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Parts For Sale & Wanted (/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Spare set of lightweight wheels (/showthread.php?t=85234)

Jolley 09-Dec-2011 17:30

Spare set of lightweight wheels

I have a spare pair of wheels clogging up my garage. Front and rear wheel of the lightweight variety, complete with Brembo disks. All in good condition and ideal for anyone racing next year. I think £220 + P&P is a fair price (that would be a good price even without the disks). PM me if interested.

dunlop0_1 09-Dec-2011 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolley
I have a spare pair of wheels clogging up my garage. Front and rear wheel of the lightweight variety, complete with Brembo disks. All in good condition and ideal for anyone racing next year. I think £220 + P&P is a fair price (that would be a good price even without the disks). PM me if interested.

K'nell Ron at least Dick Turpin wore a mask. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jolley 09-Dec-2011 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
K'nell Ron at least Dick Turpin wore a mask. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't see why that is such a bad price. You generally won't find a wheel for less than £75-90, and more often (for fronts at least) they are over £100. Throw in 3 discs with the deal (doubt you would pick those up for less than £50-100). If someone wants some and thinks they can get them cheaper elsewhere, they are free to go and look.

dunlop0_1 09-Dec-2011 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolley
I don't see why that is such a bad price. You generally won't find a wheel for less than £75-90, and more often (for fronts at least) they are over £100. Throw in 3 discs with the deal (doubt you would pick those up for less than £50-100). If someone wants some and thinks they can get them cheaper elsewhere, they are free to go and look.

I'll shut up now. :)

Chaz 09-Dec-2011 19:03

That's a very fair price Ron, take no notice of all the cheapskates on here:D:

skidlids 09-Dec-2011 19:05

Yep a fair price for a pair of the later wheels complete with Discs

Ron which rear wheel is it, I'm guessing its the one that uses the smaller 17mm spindle as found on Supersports and 583 Monsters and not the wheel with the bigger spindle used in the 620 Monsters

Jolley 09-Dec-2011 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Ron which rear wheel is it, I'm guessing its the one that uses the smaller 17mm spindle as found on Supersports and 583 Monsters and not the wheel with the bigger spindle used in the 620 Monsters

No, it uses the larger spindle as on the later monsters. Although it could be made to fit the earlier Monsters/SS with a change of bearings and insert (but I don't need to tell you that!).

If anyone is interested and wants some pictures, just PM me your e-mail.

Jolley 10-Dec-2011 11:05

Now Sold.