Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Cadwell Trackday on bike footage (/showthread.php?t=35231)

wilf 22-Aug-2006 21:41

Cadwell Trackday on bike footage

I had my on bike camera fitted on Monday (although the mic didnt work so no sound)

I was in the fast group and taped 3 sessions. (tape ran out for the last one and that was the best... damm always the way!)

When riding round i tried to stick with a few riders to get some film of them (which is very tricky). but not everyone wants footage of them put on the site and i dont know who everyone was, so, if you're one of the following and want to have a look at the video or want it uploaded just send me a U2U/personal message and i'll send you the link.

the riders i've identified who i got a few corners / laps of....

1. 996 with large termis, yellow bib (think this may be yeti?)
2. 998 (poss? bit hard to tell from behind) Red bike, plain black leathers, blue/white lid.
3. Bostrom rep with yellow / white leathers.
4. DD rider (maybe) red/white scott leathers - Orange/blue bike , no 36 i think.
5. DD rider (maybe) yellow leathers with black arrow on back

if you think you are one of the above let me know.

example of the footage i got is here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKb_aV_nH8Q

Now a link to youtube.com as there were so many clicks it ran my website out of bandwidth.!!!!! :( :( :(

domski 22-Aug-2006 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilf
the riders i've identified who i got a few corners / laps of....

1. 996 with large termis, yellow bib (think this may be yeti?)
2. 998 (poss? bit hard to tell from behind) Red bike, plain black leathers, blue/white lid.
3. Bostrom rep with yellow leathers.
4. DD rider (maybe) red/white scott leathers
5. DD rider (maybe) yellow leathers with black arrow on back

I think (without watching it - yet)

4. Fil2?
5. Kyle Bennett?

domski 22-Aug-2006 21:52

Jeez, it don't half look fast. I thought it was speeded up for a bit!!

Your bike turns well doesn't it, sheesh. ;)

Nice :D

wilf 22-Aug-2006 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by domski
Jeez, it don't half look fast. I thought it was speeded up for a bit!!

Your bike turns well doesn't it, sheesh. ;)

Nice :D

she's a beauty, really turns well but the camera does make it look good ! love it round cadwell too, had such a top day.

Gbyte666 23-Aug-2006 01:47

OMG, I have some footage of the inters onboard, after seeing your speed you would think I had mine strapped on to a lawn mower. Nice riding..

Craig

couchcommando 23-Aug-2006 09:09

any of me No.67 on a white monster with orange/black leathers ?

wilf 23-Aug-2006 09:44

UPDATED (after looking closer)

4. DD rider - red/white scott leathers, Orange/blue bike no 36.

who's this then? only got a couple of corners but they're going really well.

Dementor 23-Aug-2006 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbyte666
OMG, I have some footage of the inters onboard, after seeing your speed you would think I had mine strapped on to a lawn mower. Nice riding..

Craig

Don't upload it here Craig, DVD in a plain Brown envelope please, and don't call my bike a lawn mower:lol: or should I say ex bike:D

wilf 23-Aug-2006 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by couchcommando
any of me No.67 on a white monster with orange/black leathers ?

dont think so, sorry, i'll have a good look through later and let you know, you must have been going to fast for me to catch.

AK 23-Aug-2006 10:25

Quote:

that will definately be our bike Wilf, with probably Jools on board :)

TP 23-Aug-2006 10:41

Any of me Wilf?

Red and black 916, Bayliss rep helmet, black leathers/boots and the yellow instructors bib.

bostrom998 23-Aug-2006 11:38

Funnily enough, 3 will be me, Bostrom998.............well done for taking the trouble to film......will u2u email address to you. Ed

AK 23-Aug-2006 11:46

nice one Wilf:D

http://www.motorapido.co.uk/dsccadwell/ddbike36.wmv

Jools does DD:o

TP 23-Aug-2006 12:24

:lol:

Jools would make an excellent DD racer, Wilf has a strong go up the inside down into Mansfield and Jools is having none of it, slams the door shut and drives off to the chicane where Wilf has another look and again Jools is having none of it!

:D

Jools 23-Aug-2006 12:26

Alas...It's not me !!!

I was on that bike for a couple of sessions on day 2, I have a similar coloured lid and I do have red and white leathers...but Spyke ones.

I'd like to think I was going OK though....had great fun on it anyway!!!

wilf 23-Aug-2006 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP
:lol:

Jools would make an excellent DD racer, Wilf has a strong go up the inside down into Mansfield and Jools is having none of it, slams the door shut and drives off to the chicane where Wilf has another look and again Jools is having none of it!

:D

ahh i nearly went for the bait then, starting typing my reply and realised!

jools looks good though.

sorry TP no footage of you, you must have been to fast to catch!

CK 23-Aug-2006 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jools
Alas...It's not me !!!

I was on that bike for a couple of sessions on day 2, I have a similar coloured lid and I do have red and white leathers...but Spyke ones.

I'd like to think I was going OK though....had great fun on it anyway!!!

ah, in that case it must have been Whele:D :D

definately not AK or Monty, and they were the only others to ride Tango on the 2nd day

Monty 23-Aug-2006 12:49

Nice footage Wilf-you caught me up going into the gooseneck and overtook me over the mountain-bit harsh though passing me with the front wheel up......... I was riding Ducati's S4RS-bloody thing is barking-taking it easy though since it was a/ £9,000 worth of someone else's bike and b/ my 'team' wrote of their S4R demonstrator last year-and no it wasn't me..........
Came up to find you Monday night but missed you guys as you had already left-I didn't realise you were only staying for the one day.

John

wilf 23-Aug-2006 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty
Nice footage Wilf-you caught me up going into the gooseneck and overtook me over the mountain-bit harsh though passing me with the front wheel up.........
John

Sorry about if it was a bit close. I knew it was you and thought such a pro rider would be ok with me passing there !

I was really trying to get a clear lap, if your trackdays weren't so popular we'd have more room hehehee

sorry we missed you monday night. had a long drive back to Winchester and a shop to run on Tuesday.

wilf 23-Aug-2006 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostrom998
Funnily enough, 3 will be me, Bostrom998.............well done for taking the trouble to film....... Ed

Nice fast Bostrom 998 ridden by erm.... bostrom998!!!!

http://www.motorapido.co.uk/dsccadwell/bostrom.wmv

looks good, top riding Ed.

Wilf

Whele 23-Aug-2006 14:10

Yes it looks like my arse, thanks Alan for letting me have a few laps on Tango, it was great fun on the corners once I stopped using the R1 breaking markers

Wilf...... how did you capture the footage? the quality looks too good for an ordinary billet cam. Were you the guy busy with gaffa tape sticking camera wires onto a bike near the scrutinering shed?

wilf 23-Aug-2006 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whele

Wilf how did you capture the footage? the quality looks too good for an ordinary billet cam. Were you the guy busy with gaffa tape sticking camera wires onto a bike near the scrutinering shed?

Quality is ok but its far better straight off the camera played back on the tv.

Its a sony handycam digital with a remote small camera from goldstar.

I think the guy by the scrutineering shed had a better system, looked very pro. maybe we can track him down and get some more (better) footage.

The lens i've got isn't very wide angle and it was really difficult to keep the bike i was trying to film in the shot. If I followed them round on the same line then they kept disapearing off to one side when they tip in, so i tried riding just to the inside of the line, works ok i think and you get some cool side on shots.

yeti 23-Aug-2006 14:53

Yeti and The Beast (instructing Dseered)

http://www.motorapido.co.uk/dsccadwe...ti_cadwell.wmv

Redruth 23-Aug-2006 15:44

Oh. So that's how to handle that chicane. Just swoop in to the right, no braking then hang off for the left. I took it slightly differently and had my first grass tracking experience. Bumpetey, bumpety, don't touch the brakes, bumpety TARMAC. It was explained to me by Eric and Chris how to do it properly but didn't get to grips with it really. Need to book another day there immediately to try your method! :)

Redruth 23-Aug-2006 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeti
Yeti and The Beast (instructing Dseered)

Link doesn't work, John.

yeti 23-Aug-2006 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redruth
Link doesn't work, John.

WAHH, any idea why it no work Wilf? I simply cut and pasted the link you sent me in the PM and that works just fine and dandy. Any chance you could paste it for me and tell me where I'm going wrong?

wilf 23-Aug-2006 16:15

When i sent the link to you on a 'private message' the description for the link is abbreviated hense the .... bits but when you copy it, it doesn't copy the link.

here it is in full...

Grib 23-Aug-2006 16:29

That's me on Mong that you all catch up to and pass just before turning into Coppice on the start/finish :)

Monty 23-Aug-2006 16:48

Quote:

Sorry about if it was a bit close. I knew it was you and thought such a pro rider would be ok with me passing there !

I was really trying to get a clear lap, if your trackdays weren't so popular we'd have more room hehehee

sorry we missed you monday night. had a long drive back to Winchester and a shop to run on Tuesday.

No problems with the overtake Wilf, I knew you were there cause I could hear you-it was doing it on one wheel that got me-I can't wheelie for toffee, old school me, prefer both wheels on the deck. Mind you the TZ will pick up anywhere and that doesn't bother me, perhaps because it is so light.

I guess I have to book you all on for next year then??

John

yeti 23-Aug-2006 16:51

Quote:

I guess I have to book you all on for next year then??John

YES YES YES and YES

wilf 23-Aug-2006 16:52

Quote:

I guess I have to book you all on for next year then??

John

For sure, we'll bring a few more with us next year too, just make sure Steve sits at the front of the briefing, think he missed the bit about wheelies hehehe

TP 23-Aug-2006 17:02

Quote:

For sure, we'll bring a few more with us next year too, just make sure Steve sits at the front of the briefing, think he missed the bit about wheelies hehehe

Sometimes people grasp concepts quicker through pictures rather than words, perhaps we might consider using some sign cards during the briefing next year?

Like these randomly picked examples:

EQUALS

;)

:lol: :lol:

wilf 23-Aug-2006 17:07

PERFECT !!!!

Dont think it would put him off but worth a try.

He is pretty familiar with being used as a bad example!!

Tonio600 23-Aug-2006 17:29

Quote:

PERFECT !!!!

Dont think it would put him off but worth a try.

He is pretty familiar with being used as a bad example!!

Is that him who went straight past me in the outside of Coppice? I'm sure we can still see the track in the grass :lol:

Monty 23-Aug-2006 17:32

Quote:

Nah, he's always been the naughty schoolboy-he was at the back talking-as usual............

John

Jools 23-Aug-2006 17:34

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK
that will definately be our bike Wilf, with probably Jools on board

Mind you CK did tell me that I put up the fastest lap of the day of the folks that rode your bikes (can't remember which bike it was of yours though 583 or 620).

That explains why I'm not on the video clips.....Wilf probably couldn't catch me ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CK 23-Aug-2006 17:39

spot on Jools, 2.01 wasnt too shabby for a first scoot round for you on the 620 on Tuesday - made AK look a wee bit slow doing his 2.05's ;)

mind you, Cleggy put in a stomping ride on the Monday on his only session getting his 1.54 but he does already race:biaggi:

So - Jools - you are 'king of the non-racing' members:cool:

barnsey 24-Aug-2006 20:16

Some of you guys are MAD! just watched some of the videos and it made me scared just watching!!!!

How'd you go that fast into corners without crashing???

I did the owners club track event at mallory park a few weeks ago (my first trackday) but i'm sure there was nobody there riding like that.

I would have been one of the guys you zipped past like they were stopped.

Top fun to watch.