Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Here's some pics...I hope y'all approve!! (/showthread.php?t=25946)

RightSaidFred 15-Jan-2006 15:13

Here\'s some pics...I hope y\'all approve!!

Dum-diddy-dum-dum-dum-diddy-dum-dum-I see a red bike and I want to paint it black...

Well here you go, as you all like looking at pictures, here's some more to look at/be amazed/court controversy/discuss in the pub. The biggest change over the winter is immediately obvious! But now the detail list is:

SP3 Ohlins forks/yokes
Ohlins rear
Harris bars, renthal grips
Remus race cans
Brembo radial master cylinder
9** clutch master cylinder
MPL Germany billet clutch slave
Rich Llewellyn's 15mm jack up adjusters in the bottom of the hoop
Home brew crank breather system
Home brew radiator overflow
Airbox lid mod
Samco Sport silicone hoses
Lucas rearsets
Carbon stuff

Whats next? Well riding it would be nice when all this rubbish weather goes away. Then next winter I think i'll go the engine route a la Barksfield.

So...comments and suggestions???!!!
:D:D:D

RightSaidFred 15-Jan-2006 15:14

Another

RightSaidFred 15-Jan-2006 15:14

Another

RightSaidFred 15-Jan-2006 15:15

Another

RightSaidFred 15-Jan-2006 15:16

Another

keefer 15-Jan-2006 15:16

nice ;)

weeian 15-Jan-2006 15:24

totally sweet !

/ian

Martinp 15-Jan-2006 15:34

one jaw drops to floor:D

Rushjob 15-Jan-2006 15:39

Superb!

philthy 15-Jan-2006 16:21

:o:o

If you'd asked me before, I would have said '' No ...it will look horrible....but that is one very nice looking machine! I can't begin to imagine how many hours of work went into it.

A credit to you.

Phil

Scotty Monster 15-Jan-2006 16:33

dont see many that colour , nice, very nice

Brent 15-Jan-2006 16:53

Great looking bike...

Jasper 15-Jan-2006 18:11

nice mate.

Deasun 15-Jan-2006 18:58

Very tasty, fair play to you.:cool:

Rob B 15-Jan-2006 19:12

Hey, well done that man. Fine looking work, mate.

I'm looking forward to seeing it at some point, this summer. Do you have any detail pics of the water/oil breather systems?

Rgds, Rob

[Edited on 15-1-2006 by Rob B]

DC 15-Jan-2006 19:49

Very nice.;)

Twinfan 15-Jan-2006 20:48

Superb :D

Love the silver decal/black paint combo and the full Ohlins!

duc daz 15-Jan-2006 21:03

looks the dogs:devil:

ali 15-Jan-2006 21:08

Absolutely stunning. I may well do exactly the same one day... (oh god, need a bigger garage!)

Carbon749 15-Jan-2006 21:15

Think you'd sort out the rusty spring on the side stand ;)

The bike is stunning, love to see something subtle and different .... you score on both fronts.

You've built one hell off a head turner.

RightSaidFred 15-Jan-2006 21:33

Cheers lads. I did wonder if it was right or wrong, obviously my conscience wrestled with that one for ages! Well, a few minutes...anyway in case any purists are now in a corner gibbering, here's a pic of the garage, note 'red stuff' hanging on the wall. The bodywork I used was pretty tatty and the tank came from Rob B with a vast crater dent in the side. So i've not trashed any perfectly good rare stuff!

Can't think why I put SP 3 ohlins forks on the list, they're actually SP 4.

Yep Carbon 749, sidestand spring IS a little tatty you're right there, i'll av to get a shiny one. As it happens there's a few bits that need a sort, downpipes want looking at, chrome might be the way to go there, plus there's still a few iffy fasteners. Next winter innit! :D

Rob, breather mod is because I wanted to site the Ohlins shock reservior in the space under the riders seat where the breather box goes. So that's gone, and i've blanked off the hole in the airbox (as well as getting rid of the lid and making a bracket to hold the filter in.) Then i've removed the pipe mount from the crankcase and removed the guts with the reed style one way valves (that was a laugh getting those out, you can't actaully dismantle the unit.) I've attached a short piece of pipe to the unit and have a mini K&N on top of that. It's a proven mod on all my race bikes.
As for the radiator, again another race style mod. The original expansion tank and pipework is gone, replaced by a small plastic bottle cable tied to the back of the rad next to the fan, simply with the rad overflow pipe going into it through a hole in the top. Be careful to cut the pipe at an angle, have another small breather hole in the top, and fill the bottom third or so with coolant. Again, saves a little weight and space.

Carbon749 15-Jan-2006 21:51

Quote:

[i] As it happens there's a few bits that need a sort, downpipes want looking at, chrome might be the way to go there,

Not sure about chrome, or in fact a high polish. I'd be tempte to get them "mopped" ie: the first stage of polishing and then fit them back on the bike. This gives a stunning brushed satin finish that will change colour as the bike is used. Great nautural, race type finish.

TonyH 16-Jan-2006 11:51

Must have taken you an enormous amount of time and effort and the result is absolutely stunning.

philip 16-Jan-2006 13:21

Quote:

Originally posted by TonyH
Must have taken you an enormous amount of time and effort and the result is absolutely stunning.

utterly truly amazing :)

andys 900ss 16-Jan-2006 13:29

Excellent job that is worth every hour spent.

Like Ali, its one that I would like to have in my garage...

Andy

keith888 16-Jan-2006 17:22

Lovely bike!! You should be very pleased with your obvious efforts. I hope your knots are good? The thought of that tank dropping to the floor is not a good one :devil:

Keith

berto 16-Jan-2006 17:44

10/10

alan_db 17-Jan-2006 23:18

cracking job...

loony888 19-Jan-2006 05:19

mate, very nice work. having gone down the "hey! lets convert the fairing to dzus!!" route, i know what a f#$cking bitch of a job it is. very impressed. i can't post here (for some reason?) so if you u2u me your e-mail i'll forward some pics of mine, they are quite similar.
cheers,
paul.

Nattyboy 20-Jan-2006 01:16

Top Drawer RSF...!!

Nat

RightSaidFred 20-Jan-2006 01:49

Well, all I can say is I'm glad it went down well! My decision has been vindicated...you're never sure if you're gonna get howls of derision, i've seen so much bikcering about the red/yellow debate on the 9** forums I thought this would cause a right kerfuffle.

So the question is, anyone else got or know of any other 888's a different colour to red?? I'm sure i've heard of another black one, but no other colours, apart from that one on here which was yellow and in fact a load of other colours too...if anyone has pics of any different ones, post 'em up!

:cool::cool::cool:

phil911 20-Jan-2006 11:35

Phil.

phil911 20-Jan-2006 11:43

Phil

sparkin 29-Jan-2006 11:14

I`ve seen Freds bike in the flesh,and the pictures don`t do it justice,superb,just needs some cast iron fully floaters on it ;) :)

Rob B 29-Jan-2006 11:30

If you find a nice, spare pair:D:D

Jools 29-Jan-2006 12:55

I hate it.....because mine doesn't look like that :frog:

I would keep mine red, but in all other respects that bike is what I would like my 888 to be like when I grow up