Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Monster recall. (/showthread.php?t=22082)

KeefyB 21-Sep-2005 18:36

Monster recall.

Safety recall no.554.
We got a recall notice in the post today for the wifes M900ie.Summat to do with the fuel lines from the tank to the pressure regulator.
I think her bike is an '01 registered in '02 so it could effect other bikes,600,750,etc,etc.

HW 21-Sep-2005 22:47

I shall look out for that one then.

I did get a recall notice yesterday about the front brake hose clip on the 749. Had that done yonks ago, so maybe they are having a spate of sending letters out. :)

KeefyB 28-Sep-2005 07:10

Quote:

Originally posted by HW
I shall look out for that one then.

I did get a recall notice yesterday about the front brake hose clip on the 749. Had that done yonks ago, so maybe they are having a spate of sending letters out. :)

Yep,a phone call to Italia confirmed is is an old recall.They may have done the work before we bought the bike.
Gonna nip it up there at the weekend just to make sure.

KeefyB 01-Oct-2005 20:25

Update;
The guys at Italia checked the bike today,............we need the fuel lines changing.
Of course they had'nt any in stock :( ,
so it means a ride over there next week.:D

Gary T. 01-Oct-2005 23:33

Just had two recall letters for the 2001 900ie dark I bought a few months ago. One is for the fuel hose and the other for clutch slave cylinder, problem is the bikes in bits at the moment (long term project) and will be until next march!

Also had a dodgy clutch slave swapped after a recall on my other 900 monster, carried out by Pegasus M/Cs at it's first service back in May 2002.

I spoke to Ducati UK this week, and they said they have just finished sending out 1700 recall letters. They also said it would be fine to carry over my repairs to 2006 as the recall period is valid for 10years.

[Edited on 1-10-2005 by Gary T.]

GsxrAge 02-Oct-2005 00:09

My mate has got the fuel line recall for his monster s4

crust 02-Oct-2005 21:58

You can check out recall details here:

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

:)Crust

berto 03-Oct-2005 19:18

If the dealer that did your recall doesn't tell ducati they will keep contacting you to get it done...the dealer network has to submit a claim after the job is done and this is when Ducati have confirmation that the job's done...A lot of the recent recall letters are just tidy/follow ups..