Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Cadwell anti-clockwise... (/showthread.php?t=28944)

Maxypriest 03-Apr-2006 14:51

Cadwell anti-clockwise...

I was thinking about a couple of things, like doing Cadwell anti-clockwise would be a very scary prospect. Imagine, caning though hall bends, a short straight past the club house then the track falls away to reveal a nasty left hander…

Also

I know of a chap who had a 748.
He got married and the 748 had to go so he sold it.
Shortly afterwards they got divorced, so he had no bike or strife.
Now at work his new boss is his ex-wife.

I think what I’m trying to say is quit moaning about stickers!

antonye 03-Apr-2006 14:58

Cadwell anti-clockwise would be very scary - the old hairpin would become the new mountain, the mountain would just be carnage, coppice would be "interesting" too!

Maxypriest 03-Apr-2006 15:00

I don't think #27 would make it up Mansfield...

antonye 03-Apr-2006 15:22

Quote:

Originally posted by Maxypriest
I don't think #27 would make it up Mansfield...

Lol, you're right, and lots of bikes toppling over as they tip it into the slowest chicane ever at an uphill gooseneck!

dickieducati 03-Apr-2006 15:48

Quote:

Originally posted by Maxypriest
I was thinking about a couple of things, like doing Cadwell anti-clockwise would be a very scary prospect

looked like you were trying to do it in race 2 :o

Maxypriest 03-Apr-2006 23:38

I had an eventfull Cadwell...
DNF race one and in the second race I found out why you should not get that anti-fog stuff on the outside of you visor - when it rains is curdles and you can't see a bean! It's all about learning this racing malarky.

Looking forward to Brands.

razz 04-Apr-2006 19:13

Have you tried the Nurburgring backwards? Now that _really_ is fun! Hohe Acht back down to the Carrrousel is STEEP, and the corner at Exmuhle is blind over a crest!

Don't try this on an open day!

TP 04-Apr-2006 19:22

Quote:

Originally posted by antonye
Cadwell anti-clockwise would be very scary - the old hairpin would become the new mountain, the mountain would just be carnage, coppice would be "interesting" too!

Coppice would be like the old hairpin at Donny - downhill right hander only a bit more 'on camber' I'd say.

:D

phoenix n max 04-Apr-2006 19:32

What about other tracks ? Would there be any anyone would like to try in reverse ? Do we have any left hand/anticlockwise tracks ?
Think Mallory could be done both ways without too much hassle, Castle Doom even - don't think i'd fancy Cadwell backwards tho.

TP 04-Apr-2006 20:39

What about Donington?

Imagine going UP Craner Curves! It would kill a DD bike! You'd have to go down a gear or two I reckon.

And then up into the left hander Redgate ....