Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   At last my 888 is back!(now with pics) (/showthread.php?t=15395)

sparkin 19-Mar-2005 00:28

At last my 888 is back!(now with pics)

After a couple of false alarms the T8 is finally back on the road:D Dead battery put me back a week,then a sticking throttle position sensor(found after a bit of detective work at Carl Harrisons) nearly ruined my weekend:mad:But now she really flies:bouncy: pulls from 2000rpm top and revs to five figures in a blink of an eye:D:smug: the joys of lightened flywheels and gas flowing.The hyperpro suspension seems to be working really well,with lots more feel and compliantness(is that a word:puzzled: )
The bike seems so much crisper,lifting the front wheel with ease on the way home,nearly catching me out:devil:
I`ll try and post some up to date photos tomorrow before it`s first DSC ride of the year on Sunday.:saint:

[Edited on 19-3-2005 by sparkin]

Jasper 19-Mar-2005 00:49

Yahoo!At last!Have you any dyno charts?What work have you had done?

KeefyB 19-Mar-2005 06:36

Quote:

Originally posted by Jasper
Yahoo!At last!Have you any dyno charts?What work have you had done?
What work HAS'Nt he had done more like!;)
Glad to hear you've got it up and running mate.:)

Rob B 19-Mar-2005 09:06

Welcome back to the land of the revvin

Redruth 19-Mar-2005 10:51

Lovely Jubbly, Graham, and perfect timing. If you're reading this ... what are you doing, get out there in the sunshine and burn some rubber!

:D:D

shmoki 19-Mar-2005 13:00

Hmmm, sounds good. Have been toying with the idea of the fly wheel mod. Actually bought a Nichols and it's in the shed but have heard both sides of the story and I am still undecided. How many have put a lightened flywheel in? and what do you think?

Jasper 19-Mar-2005 13:04

I have a Bucci on my SP5,but also have an STM slipper so don't know what the benefits of just the flywheel mod are.I know it certainly spins up quick and haven't really noticed any downsides.

TP 19-Mar-2005 13:54

Quote:

Originally posted by shmoki
Hmmm, sounds good. Have been toying with the idea of the fly wheel mod. Actually bought a Nichols and it's in the shed but have heard both sides of the story and I am still undecided. How many have put a lightened flywheel in? and what do you think?

I have a lightened flywheel in my 996 and it revs up pretty quick, goes like a train.

It's supposed to make it a bit lumpier and snatchy down low but I commuted in London on it and didn't really notice it more then standard. I think the pro's outweight the con's.

My gearing is shorter than standard too so that helps smooth out the negatives, and emphasise the positives ;)

Oh, and l have a Corse slipper clutch in mine with the lighter plates ...

[Edited on 19-3-2005 by TP]

sparkin 19-Mar-2005 18:35

As promised,but not the brightest day for pictures.
Not sure where the nearest Dyno is Rich,but I`m going to infestigate:devil:;)

Rob B 19-Mar-2005 18:38

Sweet