Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   HELP!! Quick!! (/showthread.php?t=22158)

Ducnow 23-Sep-2005 17:36

HELP!! Quick!!

Ok, there's a guy selling a DP slipper clutch (like new) for 430 euros (£ 292 i guess).
It doesn't come with the springs nor the clutch discs.

So the questions are, is it worth it?
Can i use the springs on my oem clutch?
Can i use the disks on my oem clutch? (i guess i can't, but not sure)

I've done a search but couldn't found the listed price of one of those nor of the discs that i'll probably have to buy.

Any help is welcome, thanks

[Edited on 23-9-2005 by Ducnow]

JPM 23-Sep-2005 17:43

You can use all of the standard parts, assuming it's a 12 tooth basket

dukess1999 23-Sep-2005 17:45

You can use your springs, and probably plates though you may need an extra 1 or 2 to get right stack height. Not sure if DP has an alloy basket; if so you would be better getting alloy plates. Price is okay, I think.

Ducnow 23-Sep-2005 17:50

Thanks.

Yes it's a 12 tooth basket.
So, no problem with using the the oem discs?? :D

dukess, by alloy plates you mean the pressure plate or are those other plates (sorry, i don't know **** about mechanics)?

I'll put up a pic the guy send me.

Ducnow 23-Sep-2005 17:54

Here's the pic.

anything missing besides the springs and discs?

dukess1999 23-Sep-2005 17:59

Alloy plates are the tabbed plates with friction material on them; looks like an alloy basket from here. Not sure, but shouldn't it have a spider spring (I know some slippers don't)

Ducnow 23-Sep-2005 18:11

Sorry for my dumbness regarding this, but those alloy plates you're talking about, are they selled separatly? Do they come with the discs when you buy them?
And err..... what's a spider spring? :puzzled:

andyb 23-Sep-2005 18:12

Good to see youve got the spacer, and the spring caps as they are different!

You may need to get a couple of dished steels, and remember the order of build is different to std!

dukess1999 23-Sep-2005 18:26

You can use your OEM pack, it's just that sooner rather than later the steel teeth will notch the alloy basket. You can buy an ST4s clutch pack which has the whole caboodle inc. alloy friction plates. However I've had one on order for 6 weeks and still no sign, so I'd be keen to find an alternative source. I think John Hackett sells individual plates but I haven't been in touch to find out if they do alloy ones.

The spider spring is a star shaped tensioned spring that fits somewhere at the bottom of the clutch hub (I'm no expert either!). The Ferraci and Casoli slippers I've had both had them.

Ducnow 23-Sep-2005 18:50

Ok, thanks a lot guys.

I don't know... maybe i'll drop it.
This is getting confusing.

But to resume... if i get an ST4s clutch pack and that come with the spider spring i'll have it all, right?

How much is an ST4s clutch pack ?