Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   American Chopper (/showthread.php?t=80974)

ChrisBushell 27-Oct-2009 10:00

American Chopper

Must have been bored last night, but noticed that this was on and caught the 1st part of it.

Interersting that the remaining guys in the shop (no Paul Jr, Mikey or Vinnie) were building a bike for the UAE police! They finished it in their own classic style, shipped it out to the UAE and a month later it came back for a complete makeover! Dont think the guys at OCC have much understanding of what Arab "taste" might be, but they really toned it down.

We then had the trip out there to present the bike, with Paul Snr going with his manager (minder) and two "senior" employees who seem to do nothing at all.

I actually learnt something though! It is against the muslim faith to have tattoos, so Snr had to cover his up to go into the mosque, he looked really funny in a dishdash! The tats were on show for the rest of the program with his cut off t-shirts.

They boldly announced that they needed to take the brand to the UAE and must open a shop asap. Didn't see much of a business plan, etc just works off gut feel.

I get the feeling that the Teutuls have started to release control of OCC and it is being run by some "faces" from outside the family.

John W 27-Oct-2009 14:23

I've not watched this for a while now, as all they seemd to do was argue and smash stuff up.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have got some business managers in, they've made their money and probably spend more time promoting the product than actually making it now. Fair play to them.

The programs were only ever following the show bikes and specials anyway, not their run of the mill normal bikes, and what stuns me is the price of some of these things.

ChrisBushell 27-Oct-2009 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by John W
I've not watched this for a while now, as all they seemd to do was argue and smash stuff up.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have got some business managers in, they've made their money and probably spend more time promoting the product than actually making it now. Fair play to them.

The programs were only ever following the show bikes and specials anyway, not their run of the mill normal bikes, and what stuns me is the price of some of these things.

John,

I think that you are right and certainly some of the "theme" bikes that they have produced are hideous to my eyes and I understand very expensive.

I have an abiding memory of one freshly painted frame being drilled by Junior for some reason and then a bolt just being screwed in, that was going to rust soon as look at it.

Rattler 27-Oct-2009 15:08

I think they run a Ducati dealership out if their OCC premises too.

Murray Mint 28-Oct-2009 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattler
I think they run a Ducati dealership out if their OCC premises too.

Sad but true, I have seen one of their attempts, ahhhhhhhhh.