Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Rattler's motivational thought for a Wednesday.... (/showthread.php?t=80880)

Rattler 14-Oct-2009 10:37

Rattler's motivational thought for a Wednesday....

After yet more senior management BS, an appropriate, considered quote from Homer Simpson:

"I think Smithers picked me because of my motivational skills. Everyone says they have to work a lot harder when I'm around."

true??? ;)

skidlids 14-Oct-2009 10:44

We have a senior management meeting going on in our conference room down stairs at this very momnet, Oh to be a fly on the wall (maybe I should have bugged it years ago)
Topic of discussion
The future of this site come March 2010

Maybe it'll not be to long before I find out if I have a job next year

MLC Racing 14-Oct-2009 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
We have a senior management meeting going on in our conference room down stairs at this very momnet, Oh to be a fly on the wall (maybe I should have bugged it years ago)
Topic of discussion
The future of this site come March 2010

Maybe it'll not be to long before I find out if I have a job next year

Workings over-rated anyway Kev.

Rattler 14-Oct-2009 10:54

skidlids 14-Oct-2009 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLC Racing
Workings over-rated anyway Kev.

Dave thats why around here there are only a select few doing it hence terms like Dead weight, drift wood & cloth arms come to mind

Still some very positive mutterings going on around here following this mornings meeting, I'm hearing possibly another 12 months from March 2010 providing there are no major equipment failures that would incur a large capital expenditure, such as a RF Klystron which would come in at about £120k

Just have to wait now for the official word from Senior management

Lily 14-Oct-2009 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattler

that pretty much sums up my working week :D

phone meetings, face to face meetings, live meetings

shame i never actually have any time to do any work :rolleyes:

MLC Racing 14-Oct-2009 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Dave thats why around here there are only a select few doing it hence terms like Dead weight, drift wood & cloth arms come to mind

Still some very positive mutterings going on around here following this mornings meeting, I'm hearing possibly another 12 months from March 2010 providing there are no major equipment failures that would incur a large capital expenditure, such as a RF Klystron which would come in at about £120k

Just have to wait now for the official word from Senior management

And I was miffed when I broke my stapler!!!!!

WeeJohnyB 14-Oct-2009 21:09

Meetings:lol:

split your day into hour segments, 8-9, 9-10 etc, (all good meetings last an hour regardless of the time it takes to discuss the subject - a perfect example of work expanding to fill the time available), one meeting after another....shows you're important, essential to the grand plan...the meeting can't be held without you...just make sure you say profound thangs and come out with no actions (a true skill), then go 'running with files' ie run very quickly whenever you move around your office/factory etc -

I'm exhausted sitting here thinking about work:frog:

WeeJohnyB