Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Series Information (/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   Castle Combe Entries (/showthread.php?t=84750)

Bionicle 26-Aug-2011 15:34

My tickets arrived in todays post :)

ells 26-Aug-2011 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionicle
My tickets arrived in todays post :)

Same here

:)

Gbyte666 26-Aug-2011 17:16

Fuel Pump arrived today in the post, See if I can Bodge err fit it later and see if that cures my problem. If so I'll get a late entry in probally.

Craig

bradders 26-Aug-2011 19:18

there's room big boy....chance of a pot with your local knowledge ;)

Gbyte666 26-Aug-2011 21:04

Lol, local knowledge. Yea I know the way to get there.
Just fitted the fuel pump to the bike. Works, well no fires yet anyway.
But on checking I did notice a fuel leak from the bottom of one carb coming out what I think is the fuel drain pipe off the carb. There is a bolt on the inside of it which I guess should be stopping it drain but as hard as I do it up it still drips out. So bodge bunged it up for now and the first thing I notice is if I twist the throttle as fast as I can all the way there is no more hesitation anymore.
Could this have been my problem ? combined with a ****y vacum system.
Bit of a tidy up left to do then I'll rag it down some straight road to see tomorrow if I can.

Craig

Senna3 26-Aug-2011 21:41

That is the over flow hole craige if you bung it up it will work but it could flood the carb specialy on tick over you go carefull with my throttle twisting it like that :lol:

Gbyte666 26-Aug-2011 22:53

Think it was my bad description, but looked up a few diags on the net. I think its the float drain valve Kev ?
Pictured below and circled red where it was dripping from. Also dripping with engine/pump off.

PS: **** sorry just remembered, been lugging a replacemnet throttle and cable around in my tool box to give back to you at the next meeting. Will do that next time.

Craig

skidlids 27-Aug-2011 11:59

Yep thats the Drain, also useful for fiting clear tubing to and checking the fuel height in the float bowls. That screw should be shutting it off, so maybe a bit of corrosion on the screw or a bit of trapped dirt

antonye 30-Aug-2011 14:47

So, is everyone looking forward to Castle Doom^H^H Coomb this weekend?
Big meeting! Is it on the telly? (don't forget to put "Hello Mum" on your fairing if it is...) Big trophies! Prize money!!

Any surprise entries or glory hunters? :lol:

numbskull 30-Aug-2011 15:16

I don't seem to be able to make it far enough through a season to get to race at castle combe!!