Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Chi's - 'So what do YOU do' edited version - valid entries only pls! (/showthread.php?t=23163)

uncledunnie 21-Apr-2006 10:42

uncledunnie (Duncan More)

B----O----B the builder.........

Construction Director of a building and civil engineering contractor.

magart.co.uk

sorry, no domestic stuff unless its really b-i-g.

ooh and something to tickle skidlids - worked at CERN for most of the 90's, pre-planning on the LHC project

theoldbuzzard 21-Apr-2006 10:53

Small world Stu748! I do remember your father, although I'm not sure that we actually met as such, I was a lowly assistant in those days! I think I might have met Liz recently on a course. A friend old friend of mine (Rides a 748, lives in Burgess Hill) is an ATCO at Gatwick so I'll ask after her.

Stu748R 21-Apr-2006 22:00

Quote:

Originally posted by theoldbuzzard
Small world Stu748! I do remember your father, although I'm not sure that we actually met as such, I was a lowly assistant in those days! I think I might have met Liz recently on a course. A friend old friend of mine (Rides a 748, lives in Burgess Hill) is an ATCO at Gatwick so I'll ask after her.

Thats made my week and more as i do miss the old b*ggar. thankyou.RSVP.

theoldbuzzard 21-Apr-2006 22:52

My wife, who is also an ATCO and ex Heathrow, also remembers him, although she does confirm that he was somewhat "top brass" in the CAA by the time we worked there.
My friend at Gatwick does know Liz but from what he says she is now at Terminal Control which, at the moment, is still at West Drayton but soon to move to Southampton.
Have you seen the book "Heathrow ATC, The First 50 Years"? You might find it interesting.
As I said, what a small world:roll:

Stu748R 21-Apr-2006 23:10

Quote:

My wife, who is also an ATCO and ex Heathrow, also remembers him, although she does confirm that he was somewhat "top brass" in the CAA by the time we worked there.
My friend at Gatwick does know Liz but from what he says she is now at Terminal Control which, at the moment, is still at West Drayton but soon to move to Southampton.
Have you seen the book "Heathrow ATC, The First 50 Years"? You might find it interesting.
As I said, what a small world:roll:

Thats just unbelivable,thats now made my year,yes,i've got a copy which my mum bought me last year and thats a picture of my dad on page 133 with some royal chappy.

speachless........................................ .............

theoldbuzzard 21-Apr-2006 23:15

OK Stu, now go check page 153. "C" Watch March 1982, I'm number 31 the Shakespeare look alike:lol:

Stu748R 21-Apr-2006 23:23

Steve,
bottom right hand corner,smashing haircut.

hee hee.

theoldbuzzard 21-Apr-2006 23:28

Thats me! beard now grey and less hair.
Just looked at p133 again. When I mentioned your dad to my wife she said "Oh yes I remember him, looked a bit like the original "M" from the 007 movies.......she's right you know!

Wow, isn't Ducati ownership just great!

Stu748R 21-Apr-2006 23:40

Quote:

Thats me! beard now grey and less hair.
Just looked at p133 again. When I mentioned your dad to my wife she said "Oh yes I remember him, looked a bit like the original "M" from the 007 movies.......she's right you know!

Wow, isn't Ducati ownership just great!

Yesh moneypenny.
But ,we didn't have an Aston Martin DB5,we had a Citroen DS 21 instead,oh well.
As you said,isn't Ducati ownership just great!

theoldbuzzard 22-Apr-2006 00:03

Guess we better stop hogging this thread!
Shame this site hasn't got one of those chat room things.
Have you had a look at www.ducatisti.co.uk? Good fun, lots of chat on all things Ducati.
Perhaps continue this chat at a later date via U2U?
All the vary best to you,
Steve Q