Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Well, here goes............... (/showthread.php?t=26667)

andyb 03-Feb-2006 11:57

Well, here goes...............

Im just about to start to strip the frame off my 999 with the intention of powder coating it red................plus adding a few other goodies! wish me luck................:lol:

Harv748 03-Feb-2006 12:00

:bouncy:...this thread should be fun to watch...

Anyone for a sweepstake on how long before:

How do I.. or...whats this bit...:lol:

Sorry mate, good luck!

skidlids 03-Feb-2006 12:02

Ahouldn't be to much of a problem Andy, the bike isn't that old so you shouldn't have to many problems with things like removing the swingarm pivot.
Red frames seem to be the in thing at the moment, I had 3 delivered back to my house from the powder coaters a couple of weeks ago. Must point out only one was mine the other 2 belong to Senna3

AK 03-Feb-2006 12:03

team colours this year Kev?:puzzled:

good luck Andy, if you need help. i'm sure I can come up with the soothing powers of vino or chocky for you:P

[Edited on 3-2-2006 by AK and CK]

JPM 03-Feb-2006 12:04

Don't think it will be that bad to be honest... do you?

Be interesting to see how it goes, hope you're going to keep a photo diary and regular updates

skidlids 03-Feb-2006 12:15

Quote:

Originally posted by AK and CK
team colours this year Kev?:puzzled:
[Edited on 3-2-2006 by AK and CK]

Not unless I'm allowed to enter a 748 as my DD bike is still untouched from last year, still hasn't made it out of the van since its return from Cadwell.

Andy I hear that Vino makes a good release agent for any seized bolts :lol:

andyb 03-Feb-2006 12:18

I worked out that having the luxury (and undoubted professional quality) of a dealer doing this is equal to quite a large piece of bling! Besides as most say, it should be fun....................wheres that wine???:lol:

philthy 03-Feb-2006 12:23

Andy

If you've got a budget, then double it , because once you start I can guarantee that you will find youself saying '' Well....while it's apart I may as well........''

I know , I've been there.

:D

electricsheep 03-Feb-2006 12:27

Quote:

Originally posted by philthy
Andy

If you've got a budget, then double it , because once you start I can guarantee that you will find youself saying '' Well....while it's apart I may as well........''

I know , I've been there.

:D

new type swinging arm for instance :devil:

khu996 03-Feb-2006 13:31

Will this be the first documented 999R stripdown in the DSC? :D

Look forward to seeing plenty of pics and reading some (funny) stories.