Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Oulton park (/showthread.php?t=80114)

Col996s 19-Jul-2009 09:25

Oulton park

There are indications on the other site that Gordon is in hospital!
Anybody know any details?

chris.p 19-Jul-2009 09:49

As far as I am aware, he had an altercation with a campervan on his way to Oulton Park yesterday morning :( . The last I heard was that he is in Northampton General with a broken ankle but in good spirits.

Chris:burn:

chris.p 19-Jul-2009 10:03

Just lifted this from the Ducatisti sight, posted by Karen (DucatiGirl)

UPDATE!!!!

Gordon P has just rung me from his hospital bed - he's in Northampton hospital - I did mention I would post this........

He is still waiting for an mri scan on his ankle - he is in excellent spirits and was telling me stories about the man in the next hospital bed who apparently saved the Lancaster bomber from a fate worse than death, that you all went to see today.

He is not impressed with the level of attractiveness of the nurses there and refers to the main one looking after him as the one from "Gorillas in the mist".

It would seem he has had a very lucky escape, he did at one point on seeing the motor home think he could be the next wardrobe monster

Lets hope he is let loose on the community soon, hugs Gordon x

Chris:burn:

gordonparker 19-Jul-2009 13:05

Hello!! This is Ross ... Gordons brother. Yes he is in Northampton General Colling Tree Ward with a couple of lower leg fractures. He is in good spirits as a cutie nurse has come on duty this morning!! He is hoping to be discharged Monday and may well make it to Lucies funeral. Personally I cant see it but it must be the halluconagenic drugs they keep giving him!! :-) Appetite is fine as he is demanding I take him some BBQ ribs after Moto GP.....

Ross P

Iconic944ss 19-Jul-2009 13:08

Thanks for the update Ross.

Please pass on our best wishes for his recovery.

Telling him to keep his hands to himself I guess would be a pointless exercise ;)

Thanks again - Frank

gordonparker 19-Jul-2009 13:21

bike is a bit of a mess though!

Jools 19-Jul-2009 16:48

Blimey...The bloke is on the MT and they still get the news on the other channel first :lol:

Bad news Gordon, hopefully you'll mend quick and not need too many bed baths..although maybe you'd prefer to heal slow under those circumstances.

Shame about the bike, but it's only metal

gordonparker 19-Jul-2009 17:26

update

:( tried it without drugs before but it hurts like hell, no morphine today so that is an improvement, waiting for results re the crush injury,compound fracture also but they are going to let it heal by itself so no op i hope. you might know how slowly thing go at weekends. food is good but the pretty nursehas finished shift. bike is a mess but i am ok which is the man thing, a very lucky boy:eek:

marko 19-Jul-2009 19:06

Sorry to hear about your accident gorden, but glad to hear that apart from the leg your ok,you must be feeling a bit better if your fancying the nurses;) and a BBQ ribbs,which first.:rolleyes:

Dementor 19-Jul-2009 20:14

Gws M8