Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   donny today (/showthread.php?t=19175)

pedro 28-Jun-2005 20:45

donny today

whos going to start this one off?

pedro 28-Jun-2005 21:37

still waiting?

Simon Reed 28-Jun-2005 22:15

Who was doing the biz,pete ?

I heard there was a guy there,who'd never seen the place before,who caught the eye,of one or two folk !

:sing:

JPM 28-Jun-2005 22:26

Brogins and his mates from Italy were there...

Jon 28-Jun-2005 22:37

Oops forgot all about Brogins. We do have a new muppet award though don't we Yeti:devil:.

Bit of a mixed day, glorious sunshine through out, a plonker on a green meanie decided to spill its guts all the way from the old hairpin to coppice.:mad:

R1's even with a heavy weight aboad, go like stink.;)

Managed to get to some kind of grips with the honda.

I wish Weejohnnyb was there and not working, so that I could get some tips off him.

Best bit of the day. I managed to keep it upright:D

Lily 28-Jun-2005 22:49

I can't believe I didn't see any of you!!

Was there for an hour or two just after lunch but was baking in my leathers and getting all soppy over my bike.

Said a quick hello to Fabio with him and his mates looking tired but very happy!

Jon 28-Jun-2005 23:20

Quote:

Originally posted by Lily
I can't believe I didn't see any of you!!

Was there for an hour or two just after lunch but was baking in my leathers and getting all soppy over my bike.

Said a quick hello to Fabio with him and his mates looking tired but very happy!

Well what do you expect 3 italians, sweaty leathers or 3 brits sweaty with pot bellys;)

V2 PETE 29-Jun-2005 00:26

i saw super mario there today !
hes italian isnt he ???

if the the three pot bellys were italian ,
was the podium as follows

3rd caparossi
2nd biaggi
1st rossi

or was it

3rd yeti
2nd jon
1st mr reed

answers on a postcard please !!!

Brogins 29-Jun-2005 00:46

Yeahhhhh..donnie was great..first time and we loved it.. writing from some remote area around cadwell.. no idea where we are.. we got lost in the country several times before to find this place - which by the way is great!!!
Did see Lily with her nice duke but not the other guys..as I guess the majority was in the better group than us.. definetly these three italian will not get the podium..or at least not me.
we all managed one of one session with one of the instructors.. great guy, friendly and competent.. great advices.. practically I descovered that I am doing everything wrong!!.. Now I am off to bed as I am in pieces..weather doesn't look that good for tomorrow in cadwell... more details and piccie to follow..
UK is a great country for biking.. shitty weather (not always..I got sunburn today..) but real hardcore biking and nice people.

yeti 29-Jun-2005 10:40

Ok I admit it, the new muppet is ME!

dumped the thing at the hairpin, chasing a guy on a blade and simply gave it way too much right hand while still cranked well over. Rear spun up, swung the bike right round and it and me shot off the track backwards!

Bust a footpeg and got a few scrapes but otherwise bike and rider were ok. Can't believe the palm of my glove just ripped open though! Not as if they were cheap either.

Still not got my head round Donny, buit went out in last session following Jon and his VERY fast mate Dave and stayed with them until my arms wore out from all the braking.

Ah well, roll on Cadwell, I like it round there! :sing: