Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Can you get anything to LOWER the footpegs (/showthread.php?t=18658)

BDG 14-Jun-2005 16:48

Can you get anything to LOWER the footpegs

My friend has a 996 and suffers from a bad leg. Understatement really, he nearly lost the leg when a crane ran over his leg.:o

He is searching for rearsets (or some plates that will lower the footrests a bit) to ease leg pains if possible.

Tried searching for quite a while but he hasn't found a solution yet.

Any ideas please?

m1keyp 14-Jun-2005 16:56

You could try these, not cheap but lots of adjustment

http://www.cyclecat.com/DRS1-2.htm

Steve M 14-Jun-2005 16:57

If he wants to use the standard footrests and controls etc then it's usually possible to do something with a plate mounted on the original holes in the frame and the footrest hangers mounted lower on the same plate. But if he wants something a bit more special, then I would think someone like Harris or Spondon would produce something based on their standard stuff to the exact spec' needed.

AK 14-Jun-2005 17:00

might be worth sending Gary T a u2u.

He only has one leg, due to vehicle interface & has some rather special rearsets on his monster

C

Mr_S 14-Jun-2005 23:46

Bradders has some riser plates that I'm sure could be swapped over to act as lowering ones. Or used as a reference for machining some. It can't be too hard with the right kit.

They did cause a problem with pushing the pegs out away from the brake lever though.

skidlids 15-Jun-2005 00:35

The ones Bradders has are Valtermoto ones that he had off me, I have another new set going for £30, I also have some other unknown Titanium adapters that are intended to raise the footrests without moving them backwards. I would have thought either of these sets or ones similar would allow the pegs to me moved downwards.

JPM 15-Jun-2005 11:49

Shaun,

This is just another reason to get one of those new fangled bikes, as they have several adjustments available :D

Getting back to the original question though I would imagine it wouldn't be hard to knock something out yourself, or the likes of Harris etc probably do a kit anyways, Skidlids sounds like the best option for £30 though

skidlids 15-Jun-2005 14:01

This is the new Valtermoto ones, still in their packet

BDG 15-Jun-2005 15:55

Thanks for the info, i'll pass it on to the man wiv the dodgy leg.

skidlids 15-Jun-2005 16:59

Doesn't look like a dodgy leg on the 996 in the Avatar :D