Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Track suspension settings (/showthread.php?t=33206)

Dizmo 07-Jul-2006 21:55

Track suspension settings

Does anyone know a good setup for a 996 regarding compression/ride height etc. I want it to drop in a bit quicker, but dont know if the rake adjustment is a good idea. The back end feels a bit "soggy" although that may be the 16stone of arse riding it.

DaveB916 07-Jul-2006 21:58

16 stone !!!!!!!

There's your problem you need to put some weight on lad !!!! .....lol

Dibble 08-Jul-2006 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizmo
Does anyone know a good setup for a 996 regarding compression/ride height etc. I want it to drop in a bit quicker, but dont know if the rake adjustment is a good idea. The back end feels a bit "soggy" although that may be the 16stone of arse riding it.

if you have showa front and rear then i have a complete set of settings in my file from when i had mine set up for "fast road" by hm racing in orpington.

email me at dibblecorse@hotmail.com and i'll send them over.

the only missing setting is the ride height, u2u skidlids for that

bradders 08-Jul-2006 17:38

I found an ohlins rear makes a huge difference....I weight considerably more than you!! and mine is fine at the rear and 1 click makes the difference 5 used to on my showa unit

GsxrAge 08-Jul-2006 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
I found an ohlins rear makes a huge difference....I weight considerably more than you!! and mine is fine at the rear and 1 click makes the difference 5 used to on my showa unit

I agree ! I have ohlins on the rear of mine and you can realy feel the change of 1 click !

Oh and I am a fat heavy 11.5 stone :lol:

ricky996 10-Jul-2006 02:15

I,m new here, picked up my 996 about 3 months ago, is there anyone who could set up my suspension to my weight and height, I will be going to do a Cadwell trackday next month, is there someone there who does these sort of things? thank you.

Bungi 12-Jul-2006 07:48

it depends who you booked on your trackday with, organisers like focused events have people such as race lab who attned and are suspension set up peeps. they charge about 40quid and will make some improvments for you.

although the best help would probably come from within the club, so if you attending the dsc day you will need to find out who is attending in terms of suspension set-up. the guy who did my 916 on the last dsc day did an awsome job , can remember who it was off hand but was from the west counrty exeter type region. and it was only 20quid