Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Road Tax roools (/showthread.php?t=39578)

djb 06-Dec-2006 20:20

Road Tax roools

Missus is picking up her new bike from the dealer this weekend. Insurance sorted but cover note won't arrive in time to tax the bike. Will the Post Office accept an email version or is she gonna have to chance it on the run home?

Anyone know the rules on this?

Ta

D

Ray 06-Dec-2006 20:30

All depends on the staff at the PO. They do appear to have an element of discretion. As long as they are happy with the docs you present thats all that matters, Just go in and see what happens, the worst they can do is say no.

They check some kind database for MOT and maybe insurance but it's not alwyas up to date. Taxing a bike earlier this year they were concerend that the bike I was taxing didn't appear to have an MOT on their database but when the main man was summoned he just asked the oppo if they were happy with the docs presented, they were and got the bike taxed.

Ray

djb 07-Dec-2006 00:37

Cheers Ray

Will try the PO. Failing that she can chance it!! It's not my bike after all....

D

MJS 07-Dec-2006 05:11

What about taxing it online? I did one of mine last week, worked ok, don't know how it works but I guess it checks an insurance database somewhere?

Martin

Davieravie 07-Dec-2006 08:13

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/Evl...SKIN=directgov

rcgbob44 07-Dec-2006 09:42

The bottom line is though, you can`t use a vehicle on the road without a valid road fund licence.

A word of warning: there are several areas now that run stop teams directly targetting bikes, when there stopped & if there is no road tax, there confiscated/siezed.

Be warned!