Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Desmosedeci is`nt even out yet and its old and out dated. (/showthread.php?t=30303)

VanDaMauler 07-May-2006 16:05

Desmosedeci is`nt even out yet and its old and out dated.

What with the new 800cc era next year...

And

All the 999`s are gonna take a serious kicking value wise as of next year too, what with the true successor to the 916 shape coming out.

Its amazing how quickly it all move`s...

david.hicks 07-May-2006 17:09

Quote:

Originally posted by Bubbles
All the 999`s are gonna take a serious kicking value wise

and that is on top of the serious beating with the ugly stick that they already get before leaving the factory :D

bolds 07-May-2006 17:09

Yep and those 916 shaped bikes will look even more dated than they do now:lol:

VanDaMauler 07-May-2006 20:31

Have you seen the artist`s impression`s new 1200 machine?

It looks just lke the 916, Single sided swing arm, twin head lights (916 esque)

Like I said, the true successor to the 916 and the 999 will become a bad memory and leave a bad taste in your mouth too...:barfy:

[Edited on 7-5-2006 by Bubbles]

IainMac 07-May-2006 21:51

Looking at the gestation period for the classics (over a year if I remember) and the hypermotard (not due until 2007) we'll not likely see a new superbike until 2008 unless the WSB regs for next year allow 1200cc v-twins, which may force thier hand a little. As to the looks of the artist lashup, hmmm lets bolt a fireplace front on a 999 rear that'll work. The 916 look was of an era, single sided swingers probably have too many disadvantages to be used again in WSB (wieght being 1) . I doubt they'd chance making it look to jap or too old (thats what the classics are for). But wad do I know, that said I think the 999 is now one of the best looking sports bikes out currently (that u can buy new now without fear of the factory folding)

bolds 07-May-2006 23:08

Sure its a mock up and not a *ock up:burn:
They could never build it like that-exhausts would never pass new emissions-single side swing arm no use for racing-and wouldnt want to bet on it being a 1200

900MAN 07-May-2006 23:56

As a new 999 owner I'm loving the looks, sure there are few areas that could be better but I just dont care, I dont want it perfect, that's too easy.

*Disclaimer, My previous four bikes included 3 laverda's

TORTUGA 08-May-2006 08:26

The funny thing is whilst the 999 is not selling in big enough numbers, the 998 wasnt in the end either. When Ducati brought out the 999 they said they would continue making the 998 for as long as people wanted it. 12 months or so later and they pulled the plug on it. As I have said before I dont thing the 999 is ugly, its just not iconic as the 916-996-998 shape was. :biaggi:

sbwells 08-May-2006 10:43

Quote:

Originally posted by IainMac
Looking at the gestation period for the classics (over a year if I remember) and the hypermotard (not due until 2007) we'll not likely see a new superbike until 2008 unless the WSB regs for next year allow 1200cc v-twins, which may force thier hand a little. As to the looks of the artist lashup, hmmm lets bolt a fireplace front on a 999 rear that'll work. The 916 look was of an era, single sided swingers probably have too many disadvantages to be used again in WSB (wieght being 1) . I doubt they'd chance making it look to jap or too old (thats what the classics are for). But wad do I know, that said I think the 999 is now one of the best looking sports bikes out currently (that u can buy new now without fear of the factory folding)

Well said old chap

sbwells 08-May-2006 10:47

Quote:

Originally posted by Dseered
Quote:

Originally posted by Bubbles
Have you seen the artist`s impression`s new 1200 machine?

It looks just lke the 916, Single sided swing arm, twin head lights (916 esque)

Like I said, the true successor to the 916 and the 999 will become a bad memory and leave a bad taste in your mouth too...:barfy:

[Edited on 7-5-2006 by Bubbles]

Has this mock up been seen anywhere other than MCN though ???

That box of **** is a MCN pipedream. The factory has commented on the MCN cover and its complete bollox