Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   748 project (/showthread.php?t=30872)

mikecl600 20-May-2006 10:40

748 project

Hello all.

My first time here and im after some insperation.

I have found myself with loads of time on my hands and in need of a project so I thought i would get a cheap 748 and rebuild it the way i want.

After many hours of ebay and other places ive managed to get lots of carbon bits and pieces and single seat, termis you know the usual stuff. I have a good idea of most things but there is just one thing im really stuck on what colour the bike should be.

I was looking at doing it red with white number boards but a trick red and pearl white. you know almost standard but something different up close. anyway im still not sure and would appreciate anyone elses point of view. the only thing im sure of is no race rep colours.

Please help i just cant make a final descision

zhed44 20-May-2006 19:32

matt black with white or even cream numberboards

they look fab in black (well mine does!) but matt instead of gloss would be subtle

Half man half mole 20-May-2006 19:38

Red metalflake with yellow flames :lol:

Moley:rodent:

zhed44 20-May-2006 19:48

Quote:

Originally posted by Half man half mole
Red metalflake with yellow flames :lol:

Moley:rodent:

yeah, and why not go the whole hog and give it a drag racing swingarm and chromed wheels at the same time?

welcome to LA dude :P

black is the new black ;)

deej 20-May-2006 19:55

how about pink with yellow spots ????

seriously though what about a dark metallic blue with red number boards :eureka:

lancisto 20-May-2006 20:17

I was at a Ferrari track day this week and saw a design I thought would look good on a Duke. See the attached link.
The stripe was on a a different car, 355 I think, and the red and green stripes were a bit wider but I think front to back on a bike would look great.http://www.ferrariownersclub.co.uk/e...e7/popup/9.asp