Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   CSS Instructor Examination Day (/showthread.php?t=30429)

fil2 10-May-2006 13:42

Quote:

Originally posted by TP
Quote:

Originally posted by fil2
do you have to do the CSS levels prior to Becoming a CSS instructor......>?

Not sure but I would suggest that it would be a lot more difficult as you haven't been taught the syllabus and this is what you are there to help coach students on. The 'Grilling' is approximately an hour long and you have bad cop and badder cop constantly firing questions at you on the technology the school teaches. You have to have a good understanding of the technology and be reasonably articulate in explaining it and its application.

If you're interested, why don't you ring Andy Ibbott and find out?

When i have acheived the goals i have set myself with racing..it is something that im interested in...as well as some track day instruction.........possibly....

TP 10-May-2006 14:08

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by TP
Not sure but I would suggest that it would be a lot more difficult as you haven't been taught the syllabus and this is what you are there to help coach students on. The 'Grilling' is approximately an hour long and you have bad cop and badder cop constantly firing questions at you on the technology the school teaches. You have to have a good understanding of the technology and be reasonably articulate in explaining it and its application.

If you're interested, why don't you ring Andy Ibbott and find out?

When i have acheived the goals i have set myself with racing..it is something that im interested in...as well as some track day instruction.........possibly....

Cool, well when it's something you want to pursue I'd actually take it up with Johnny Haynes.

Good luck mate.

Jon 10-May-2006 18:34

Quote:

do you have to do the CSS levels prior to Becoming a CSS instructor......>?

Phil the CSS sent out an open invitation last year to pupils inviting them to a coach assesment day. When I asked what was expected in the way of commitment if you where to be succesfull. The answer was 10 days a year. Thats a big commitment unless you a lazy ozzie basteed:D

bradders 10-May-2006 18:38

does it pay well....??

TP 10-May-2006 18:42

Quote:

Originally posted by bradders
does it pay well....??

Well that's relative to the income you have now I would guess, which is different for everyone.

I know I'm not doing it for the money.

domski 10-May-2006 18:47

Can you do 120 days a year?

Coz I could do it for a job then ;)

:lol:

Jon 10-May-2006 20:50

Quote:

Originally posted by domski
Can you do 120 days a year?

Coz I could do it for a job then ;)

:lol:

I think they have enough crashers on the team;)

tetol 10-May-2006 21:36

so you pay what £300 per level to be taught by tp:puzzled: or am i missing something.

Jon 10-May-2006 22:41

Quote:

Originally posted by tetol
so you pay what £300 per level to be taught by tp:puzzled: or am i missing something.

Don't get me wrong, I'm only jesting with TP. One thing for sure though you won't go wrong being instructed by TP. he knows the drill inside out.

Rattler 10-May-2006 22:43

Quote:

Originally posted by Jon
Quote:

Originally posted by tetol

Don't get me wrong, I'm only jesting with TP. One thing for sure though you won't go wrong being instructed by TP. he knows the drill inside out.

TP, Jon - get a room!!!