Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Private Adverts (/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   WANTED -wet clutch 800ss (/showthread.php?t=85023)

PDL 24-Oct-2011 23:20

WANTED -wet clutch 800ss

Plates, collars, spings, bolts, pressure plate, nuts, spring etc. Have the drum and housing but need the rest. Will buy a whole unit if someone has one lying around.

skidlids 25-Oct-2011 00:18

There are two types of Wet clutch for the 800 a normal type clutch and the APTC clutch, and should be the same as found in the 620's and the 695, may even be the same as found in a 696 Monster and maybe a 848.

Can't be sure on the last two as I have never owned or worked on those models YET

The APTC clutch is a smaller diameter than the Normal clutch, the later you can use a standard Ducati Clutch tool with and also use steel plates from a dry clutch

Strangely enough the 800SS engine I have in my garage that I bought off the late TWPD (ex NGRRC Minitwin Champion on a 800SS) is also missing the clutch centre

paynep 25-Oct-2011 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Strangely enough the 800SS engine I have in my garage that I bought off the late TWPD (ex NGRRC Minitwin Champion on a 800SS) is also missing the clutch centre

I think what happens is people try fitting stronger springs and/or spacer washers to get around a slipping clutch and this fractures the "wells" in the casting where the springs sit.

I'm pretty sure this happened to Andy Shep.

There's one on ebay in the US for around $15......

antonye 25-Oct-2011 12:01

I think I have some parts left over from the 600/620, but will have a look tonight.
I know that I definitely had a load of parts but most of them went as spares when I sold the DD bike.

PDL 25-Oct-2011 12:08

Thanks gents. For ref the clutch basket is there and retaining nut. Just missing plates, pressure plate, collars, springs, and any other nuts under pressure plate. For ref this is Nigel Wright's bike which I will have another crack at mini twins with next season. An SV would have been the easy option but I can't pull myself away from Ducati.

skidlids 25-Oct-2011 23:27

If your going to be racing it than maybe a new clutch pack is in order
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Bar...item1c1f67f1f2