Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Series Information (/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   Action Alarms Desmo Due Cup Championship table and information (/showthread.php?t=80807)

Dominic Clegg 06-Oct-2009 14:15

Action Alarms Desmo Due Cup Championship table and information

1 Attachment(s)
Looking forward to 2010

As some of you may know, Andy Sheppard of Action Alarms and Class B and A champion 2007, 2009. He and his company have again agreed to back the cup championship for 2010 ''Action Alarms Desmodue Cup Championship''. This championship will run alongside the main championship, and to score points you will have to be a registered rider with the main championship and have not held an ACU race licence before January 2010 though if you have held a licence before this time but did not get a chance to race then please put your name forward. The main idea is that your first ever race is with desmodue in 2010. This championship will be for pure novice riders in both classes, to encourage novice riders and add another layer of competition. For example, if you are a novice rider and finish in 5th place overall in your class and are the first novice rider across the finish line, you would score 11 points for the main championship and 25 points for the cup championship. We do realise that the Desmo Due Championship is aimed at novice riders taking the step from track days, however the main idea behind the cup championship is for new riders to stand out and be recognised. If the main championship rules of dropping two race then stand then cup championship will follow suit for 2010. There will be a cup championship for each class with results tables published after each round, and there will also be trophies at the end of the season for the top three riders in each novice class. In 2009 the championship winner also recived there entry to first round of DD in 2010 paid for by Action Alarms. If you are interested in taking part please send an email to: dominic_clegg@hotmail.co.uk so that eligablity can be checked.

Dominic Clegg 28-Apr-2010 02:09

1 Attachment(s)
2010 Table sorted

Please email me if I have missed you off.

Dominic Clegg 15-Jun-2010 13:15

1 Attachment(s)
Update from Mallory

Dominic Clegg 17-Jun-2010 22:23

1 Attachment(s)
New update

can someone check results (i think Iv got it right)

Sorted 18-Jun-2010 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Clegg
New update

can someone check results (i think Iv got it right)

Looks right to me Dominic :)

numbskull 10-Aug-2010 14:16

1 Attachment(s)
I took the liberty of amending the previous version...

Sorted 10-Aug-2010 15:01

Nice one Numbskull :-)

numbskull 11-Aug-2010 11:43

1 Attachment(s)
I think this version might even be right!!

Jolley 11-Aug-2010 12:06

Ahh, back into third!! ... now to chase down second!

Jolley 27-Aug-2010 09:25

1 Attachment(s)
I know how you hate to blow your own Trumpet Neal....

numbskull 28-Aug-2010 20:27

Much as i do like to blow my own trumpet ron, unfortunately the pembrey round was my last fanfare!

I am curently sitting at home with 2 broken bones in my right shoulder, awaiting surgery.

It looks to me that I will probably not win the novice championship now unless you and alan get beaten a lot!!

I hope to be able to get to castle combe to watch you get another race win.

Neal #77

Jolley 29-Aug-2010 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull
am curently sitting at home with 2 broken bones in my right shoulder, awaiting surgery.

Are you serious? How did you do that?

Jolley 29-Aug-2010 17:52

Quote:

It looks to me that I will probably not win the novice championship now unless you and alan get beaten a lot!!

Oh, and only Alan can beat you.... But don't worry, I'll be doing everything I can to rob him of points!

numbskull 29-Aug-2010 19:20

I managed to drop someone elses 1198 on a test track in France!

I can only hold my breathe to wait and see how Alan does at the last 4 races. I would be greatful if you do beat him for me....

But I do wish him luck as well. We all know he has had a lot of bad luck with his bike and deserves to do well.

Jolley 29-Aug-2010 19:34

Ouch! Well, good luck with the recovery. I'm only down the road, so let me know if I can help with anything.

Sorted 30-Aug-2010 09:53

Quote:

I managed to drop someone elses 1198 on a test track in France!

I can only hold my breathe to wait and see how Alan does at the last 4 races. I would be greatful if you do beat him for me....

But I do wish him luck as well. We all know he has had a lot of bad luck with his bike and deserves to do well.

Oh Hell Neal :eek:
Hope you mend well and quick......... As for the Novice Championship it was evident from early in the season there was only 1 guy who was gonna win it and deservedly too!
I'd kinda settled for it being a chase for 2nd and if luck is on my side, I could get a bonus.

skidlids 30-Aug-2010 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorted
if luck is on my side, I could get a bonus.

Alan getting your bike running properly on two would certainly help

Neal thats bad news, as Alan says right from the start of the season you looked like the man everyone had to beat if they wanted to win the Action Alarms novice championship.
Lets hope the recovery goes well and your fit for to fight for next years Class B title

Ghost 30-Aug-2010 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Alan getting your bike running properly on two would certainly help

Neal thats bad news, as Alan says right from the start of the season you looked like the man everyone had to beat if they wanted to win the Action Alarms novice championship.
Lets hope the recovery goes well and your fit for to fight for next years Class B title

+1 to that:)

kenoir 31-Aug-2010 15:29

Neal, just spotted this post! So sorry to hear about that mate. I thought it was just a photoshoot? They just wanted someone to 'look pretty' :lol:

Get well soon buddy and hope to see you back next year!

Paul

numbskull 31-Aug-2010 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenoir
They just wanted someone to 'look pretty'

I was doing my best to look pretty till i fell off!

There were 3 cameras on the bike recording when it happened, so i'm sure i'll be on youtube...

badgerpilot 31-Aug-2010 21:36

Your DSC name does seem to suit you now! :lol:

GWS matey and see you next year when you're putting in an effort to take the title.

ells 31-Aug-2010 22:31

+1 on the get well soon.

Mark

Jolley 06-Sep-2010 19:55

1 Attachment(s)
Updated and hopefully correct.

Alan can actually win by 2 points with 2 wins at Cadwell. I will obviously be doing my best to beat him though!

Sorted 06-Sep-2010 22:58

Is this a conspiracy Lol

I'll match whatever Neal is paying you and up it by a cuppa ;)

Jolley 07-Sep-2010 10:48

Quote:

Is this a conspiracy Lol

I am accused of a similar conspiracy to bring the Class B fight closer together ;)

I will be struggling more at Cadwell as I have never been. You stand every chance of beating me (as you have for most of the year).

numbskull 07-Sep-2010 13:52

I just hope you both have a good weekend with no bike troubles.

It's yours for the taking now Alan...

bradders 07-Sep-2010 15:01

lets hope a few of us make it a little more interesting at cadwell ;)

Sorted 07-Sep-2010 17:50

Quote:

I just hope you both have a good weekend with no bike troubles.

It's yours for the taking now Alan...

I'll not be so assuming as that Neal EVERYONE is upping their pace and I seem to be standing still.
If only I could qualify decently :mad: CC qualified 10th got a 6th and should have had a 5th second race but went Grass cutting 1 lap from the end and got a 7th :rolleyes:
In fact every race this year I have either held my grid place (with a duff engine) or else gained between 3 and 5 places.

I've never been to Cadwell (well actually did 5 laps in the drizzle at a MCN Butlins do in 1997) Lol... Ron has really come up to speed in the last couple of rounds and I'll be hard pushed to get 2 wins.

At the end of the day matey whatever happens, it is obvious who the best Novice this year was/is by a country mile... And you DESERVE it.

Are you defo not gonna be riding @ Cadwell? :(

Sorted 07-Sep-2010 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
lets hope a few of us make it a little more interesting at cadwell ;)

Paul you have made great improvements and I had a right scrap with Craig in both races @ CC.

Tbh I don't think I have the same aggressive/serious attitude to DD as most and maybe if I was prepared to rough it up more I would finish a bit higher both in qually and the races but hey.... I'm lovin it (when the bike works) Lol.

Put it down to an age thing and self preservation after all I'm old enough to be Ron or Neals Dad!!
In fact I have 2 daughters and probably 1 of my son's that are older than either of them :o

Sorted 07-Sep-2010 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolley
I am accused of a similar conspiracy to bring the Class B fight closer together ;)

I will be struggling more at Cadwell as I have never been. You stand every chance of beating me (as you have for most of the year).

I've never been to Cadwell either mate (well except for... see other post) but looking forward to it.

Main thing is everyone stay safe and ENJOY!

WSBK or Moto GP it ain't... I kinda think of it as a Track Day with mates (and what a great bunch they all are) then sprinkle in a bit of a competitive edge and some great banter... Hey presto DD Racing, but perhaps I'm being a little naive :)

Jolley 07-Sep-2010 20:53

Quote:

Ron has really come up to speed in the last couple of rounds and I'll be hard pushed to get 2 wins.(

To be honest that is mostly down to being more comfortable on the bike. I dropped the rear about 40mm before Pembrey and voila... instant confidence in a bike that was previously a bit wobbly in slower bends. Being comfortable on the bike makes for more performance gain than anything else. I wish I had done it earlier in the season (I wanted to), but other problems distracted my attention to getting the bike to run.

Cadwell will be interesting!

Jolley 04-Oct-2010 12:44

Well done Neal. You were too quick out of the starting blocks this year for any of us to catch you. Let's hope we all avoid injuries next year and have a good old battle. I just hope I am quick enough now!

numbskull 04-Oct-2010 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolley
Well done Neal. You were too quick out of the starting blocks this year for any of us to catch you. Let's hope we all avoid injuries next year and have a good old battle. I just hope I am quick enough now!

I'm actually worried that you are TOO quick now!!

Jolley 04-Oct-2010 15:03

Quote:

I'm actually worried that you are TOO quick now!!

Maybe I should slow down then?! ;)

I won't even pretend not to care about it... I just hope this years banter continues. It must have been frustrating watching the past 2 rounds (and a little bit depressing seeing your bike in bits).... but it has been good having you around for the banter.

Sorted 04-Oct-2010 17:49

Yes Well Done Neal as Ron says you were on it from the start and I finished 2nd behind you majority of the time, apart from one win at Mallory :)

I started pretty well this year but seemed to lose the plot after my mechanical gremlins at Snetterton.. I spent too much time and concentration hoping the bike would behave and it didn't help my confidence, although it was obvious that 2nd Place in the Novice Championship was the best I could do.
Then Ron suddenly came on song (lucky for me it was a little late to catch and pass me), so well chuffed that I ended up 2nd.

Finished 8th overall in Class B and never out of the top 10 finishers, all in all much better than I had dreamt for the 1st year. So it's get the qualifying head on and total confidence in the bike and who knows next season, I hope to be battling with you, Ron, Phil, etc. :)