Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Supersports: SS / SuperSport / Supersport 950 (/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Good to be on the road again + tank & filter mods (/showthread.php?t=32837)

Iconic944ss 28-Jun-2006 21:05

Good to be on the road again + tank & filter mods

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got around to taking some pics today - I'd almost forgotten how good the old trooper feels, a bit more mid-range poke now too from the spaghetti headers as well I think.

Other pic is of the fuel filter mod (prompted by Derek) that moves the filter outside of the fuel tank - it seems ok zip-tied where it is...

Regards - Frank
DSC Webteam

Fiver 28-Jun-2006 22:13

Looks great!
- What type of screen is that you have there?
Cheers
Cy

Jools 28-Jun-2006 22:42

Cy...if you want to get a good screen for a carby SS you could do worse than checking out Skidmarx.

I ordered one for my 888 (very similar to the SS) and they made one to order. I wanted a straightforward standard clear screen to replace a hideous flip screen, it cost me £34 and was with me inside 10 days. It looks great.

BTW...Looking good Frank

Iconic944ss 29-Jun-2006 00:06

Thanx gents....

I think the screen is from Powerbronze:

http://www.powerbronze.co.uk

IF it is, I'd have problems recommending it - it is a good 3" higher than stock but the holes didnt line up and needed quite a bit of drilling/filing and as reported in my MOT thread, I recently found the bottom of the screen isnt cut away correctly and was fouling the headlamp surround.

as an aside I have a slightly raised Zero Gravity screen somewhere and they make the best quality screens I've come across so far - I believe they also make hi-rise variants as well now.

Time to put some straight-throu cans on I think and let him breathe a bit ;)

Frank

ps - slightly bigger pics now in my gallery (hopefully):

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/vb...p?do=view&g=42

Fiver 29-Jun-2006 17:40

I ordered one with the nice man at Skidmarx today.
All being well, it should be here in a 7-10 days :)

Thanks for the advice gents.

Cy

ziggi 29-Jun-2006 20:21

Shweet ! Looking good

Screwy 29-Jun-2006 20:59

Very nice Frank :cool: :cool: :cool:

I should really start working on the wife as I,m quite sure my 851/888 feels rather lonely in the garage :eureka:

andys 900ss 29-Jun-2006 22:46

Wow! Frank, your bike is seriously shiney mate!!!

Very well cared for,

Andy

Iconic944ss 29-Jun-2006 23:30

Cheers Guys, the rear wheel and s/arm were polished already when I got the bike, so I figured she deserved a bit of elbow grease.

As for the fairing - it used to be Mr. Sheen (seriously) but wifey has defected over to 'sparkle' so thats is what is used for a quick once over.

Just hoping for some days off and good weather to co-incide a bit now :)

Frank

Iconic944ss 06-Jul-2006 23:24

Carbon Cans sire???

Full race items, sound nice but actually a bit TOO loud around town at times (I dont like to attract attention but DO like dizzy motorists to hear me coming).

These are the 'Simmi' pipes the bike came with - low level Silmotor ones will go on next so wifey can go on for the first time :eek:

Frank