Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   license on t/day? (/showthread.php?t=18919)

misterpink 21-Jun-2005 15:57

license on t/day?

after reading the "important notice" thread for the 4th of july jolly at brands, wouldn't you know it - paper part of license has gone AWOL. so rang DVLA and they will take 15 days to replace AND need the photocard bit as well?? oh and 19 squids too! so...what do i do? just take the plastic bit and hope i haven't wasted my money? apparently if i had lost BOTH i could do it over the phone??????? if it is absolutely necessary to have the paper bit then i will have to do that i guess - any thoughts?

TP 21-Jun-2005 16:00

Ring Apex mate.

JPM 21-Jun-2005 16:00

I've turned up at MSV track days in the past without a license at all, it's a bit of a pain but the track owners will call the DVLA (with your moby - so make sure you take it and it's charged) the DVLA will ask you various questions, nothing too difficult, name, address, DOB etc and then ask to be passed back to the organiser and they will confirm with them that you do indeed have a bike license.

I would check with Dibble, Apex/Whele etc on this though

Dibble 21-Jun-2005 16:00

phone Catherine at Apex and explain, mines currently with DVLA have three points put on....

:(

www.apextrackdays.co.uk

misterpink 21-Jun-2005 16:04

thanks will give them a ring..... keep meaning to say - nice avatar, obviously not a donut eater that girl and good taste (i mean colour) in underwear too.

HW 21-Jun-2005 16:18

Circuit rules, not TDO. Similar thing happened the other week at Cadwell on a No Limits day. I'll not name names, but she'll read this I am sure. :)

Cost her £5 for a phone call to DVLA (on Saturday) to get the Cat A verified. Even though No Limits knew well that she had Cat A they had no choice in the matter.

MotorSport Vision Limited own both circuits.

jodycraw 23-Jun-2005 09:19

That's what I had to do at Cadwell too, I took photocopies but they rang the DVLA and charged me a fiver

VanDaMauler 23-Jun-2005 10:35

I`ve only ever shown the photocard bit, as all your entitlements are on the back anyway.

:smug: