Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   999S Modifications (/showthread.php?t=2815)

stephens 28-Aug-2003 08:50

999S Modifications

Some of you may have seen my posts regarding performance mods on the 999 previously.

I see the internet and these forums in particular as a great way of sharing information.

If anyone is serious, I am about to do some experimentation with cam timing, PCIII tuning and different exhaust systems for the bike.
I am looking for other people who share a similar passion to SHARE with.
This means before and after dyno runs, details of cam timing, fuel settings etc.
As this appears to be a new frontier I am inetersted in sharing the knowledge and bluntly the costs.
If you are interested and serious, email me on stephens@ipn.com.au . I already have a lot of info on how to set up the new motor, but believe there is plenty still to come.

KeefyB 28-Aug-2003 09:10

Sorry mate,too busy riding mine!;)

stephens 28-Aug-2003 10:38

Good to hear!:)
Mine is predominantly a track bike that sees around 25 track days a year, but not much else. We're just coming out of winter here in Australia at the moment, with the track season starting up again in Sept, so it's been a good opportunity over the past couple of months to mess around with bikes.

dickieducati 28-Aug-2003 10:48

stephens, have sent you an email

steve999 15-Oct-2003 01:14

maserati

I have a 999s also.

Dyno run showed 121bhp in original trim.

Fitted 57mm system and ECU increased to 127bhp however felt a bit lumpy.

Fitted PCIII and full Dyno set up at FW developments in Preston (home of Monster Mob Team), bike is transformed.

Increase of 10bhp in mid range top end increased to 134bhp.

No longer lupmy and pulls awesome throughout the rev range.

definately recommended.

neil748r 24-Oct-2003 14:53

Steve,

Have mailed you re: FW Developments.

Cheers,

Neil