Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Sepang Free Practice (/showthread.php?t=35905)

phillc 08-Sep-2006 12:10

Sepang Free Practice

OK it's lunch time and I can't believe no one has posted about Sepang Free Practice yet........

Capirossi fastest by almost a full half second! OK, so it's only Free Practice, but seriously after his win last week and in Malaysia last year, I'm really looking forward to the race.

Are the Bridgestones that much stronger at Sepang?

MJS 08-Sep-2006 12:12

According to the BBC website, Pedrosa was quickest for some time, then had a 'nasty off'... might even be doubtful for the race...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...es/5326704.stm

phillc 08-Sep-2006 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban996
According to the BBC website, Pedrosa was quickest for some time, then had a 'nasty off'... might even be doubtful for the race...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...es/5326704.stm

If you have the subscription service to the MotoGP website then there's an awesome clip of this. Pedrosa is litterally thrown through the air. He is up and walking directly after though.

MJS 08-Sep-2006 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillc
If you have the subscription service to the MotoGP website then there's an awesome clip of this. Pedrosa is litterally thrown through the air. He is up and walking directly after though.

Don't have the subscription service - any way of saving the clip and posting/emailing?

Loz 08-Sep-2006 15:07

I watched the Pedrosa clip on Eurosport yesterday. From the on-board camera veiw, he appeared to clip his knee on the kerb and then get shot off the bike like a cannonball. It was surreal.
That had to hurt :(

phillc 08-Sep-2006 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban996
Don't have the subscription service - any way of saving the clip and posting/emailing?

Unfortunately they're cleverer than that. There's no straightforward way of downloading the clips from the MotoGP website.

I'm sure there is a way of capturing streaming video but all I've been able to figure out so far is that they use a company called Akamai for their video hosting. We use these same guys at work and they are always touting their "security features."

mbracing748 08-Sep-2006 16:36

The Capi was aweson, just been watching the session on Eurosport. If all goes well, no one is going to touch him again.

antonye 08-Sep-2006 16:46

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

mbracing748 08-Sep-2006 16:48

Fly and be freeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Loz 08-Sep-2006 16:58

Jeez, he's really going overboard on that counter-steering thing! :o
;)